Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gutted to be leaving
if you've got the time put it up on blocks, thats how ive got mine stored... and dont just run the car a little, you have to get the engine upto running temp before you switch it off, also why not get it mot'd now before you go its 1 less thing to do when you get back, for the sake of losing a couple of weeks mot, and then you only have to go get tax when you return, all i do is like you say leave as little fuel in as poss then top up with new on return.
Regards

Craig

doc246
vin 2927
reg ex uk IIL 3335
reg oz BTTF
...my garage is quite tight. LEX is pushed right up to one side, meaning absolutely NO access to the whole of her right hand side, so i don't think blocks is possible unfortunately. When running up, i did mean to full running temperature.

I managed to get her out today, let her stretch her legs a bit since it was suddenly a nice day. I really don't think that there was much, if any salt and or grit to do any damage, so i'm quite glad i got her out for a wee drive before i leave. When i was out though, i noticed that the fuel gauge was floating randomly a bit between nearly empty, and just under 1/4 full (all be it slowly) so i put £15 worth in, which took it up to just under 1/2 full (wasn't expecting THAT much of a difference!) anyway, that's the first time she's had fresh fuel since Oct i think, so at least that will freshen up the tank a bit if nothing else. At least Dad can't complain that there's not enough fuel to give a good warm up, and roll up and down the drive once in a while, while i'm away. lol!

I don't have enough time for an M.O.T unfortunately, besides, its a good way of moving it to a more sensible time of year for it. :-) When i know when i'm returning to the UK for a holiday, i'll get Dad to get it booked for me, so i can simply turn up and take her to the station for it a soon as i'm back.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
random fuel gauge on a DeLorean, fancy that!! lol :wink: :lol:

Rissy, hope everything goes ok for you mate, dont be a stranger, and keep us updated with life
abroad.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Happy Birthday Mate. Have a good one!
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Darn Stuart, you beat me to it! lol

Happy birthday Rissy!! Big Grin
Cheers guys! :-D

Thought you guys had all forgot! lol!

I've had a few birthday wishes, via the internet of course, since i'm in Korea and no-one is near me.

I now have a Sunstar BTTF3 DMC (With white wall tyres, not train wheels) waiting for me at home for when i get back in May for a holiday.
That's me got BTTF2, and 3, and original with no BTTF stuff on it. Still to get BTTF1 and BTTF3 with train wheels. Roll on Christmas for the next one i guess! lol!

Once again, THANKS for the birthday wishes! x

P.S. Stu, can you still get me a photo of my certificate, or have you posted it already? (No worries if you have, i'll get the parents to take a photo of it....just being impatient i guess. lol!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
hows life in Korea so far?

How long are you out there for?
...Well.

Korea, at least the part i'm at (Okpo on Geoje Island - right at the south of S.Korea) pretty much sucks so far! lol! Got a nice wee apartment, which is probably the best part, but the weather is cold and miserable, all the buildings are grey concrete and the food is mostly unidentifyable and consists mostly of extremely spicy riggly bits! :-D

The job is ok though, and the people are mostly very nice, although most of them can't understand a word i'm saying (although neither can i understand most of them! lol!)

I'm being told to expect to be out here for between 12 and 18 months, although, i can actually see it being longer myself, but we'll see.

I get to return back to the UK every 3-4 months (job permitting) for a holiday (maybe 2 weeks or so each) so roll on the end of May (which is when i'm going to book my fisrt one for cause i have a wedding to go to in the uk)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
oh dear!!

Well I hope things improve for you and you either dont have to stay out there any longer
then necessary.

I bet you'll be gagging for a McDonalds or a nice greasy fry up after a bit! lol
Hey Rissy, Did you get the pic of the owners cert? I sent the last few away yesterday.

I hope the wages are good then mate...to make it worth while...
If your back at the end of May will you be here long enough for the DOC summer event on the 11 June,to get a Delorean fix before you go back? Big Grin
DOC 116
VIN 6237
I did get the pic you sent, cheers! (I'm sure i sent a reply saying to you?...) It great! Myrtle Beach....Interesting.

The wages are ok, but ironically enough, i've definitely taken a dip from what i was getting in Glasgow (only 45 mins away from family and LEX) by having to come out here. Crazy isn't it!?

I'm planning on putin in for a 2 week holiday, starting the 24th May because i have a wedding to go to on the 28th, so that means the company will be mobilising me back to Korea around the 7th, unfortunately. So i'll miss out on the meet in June :-(

I think that, even if it hadn't have been for the wedding, i may have been pushed to get LEX down south anyway cause i've had to let her M.O.T lapse with being out of the country, and i've already had to SORN her too. SO, when i DO get back to the UK for a holiday, the first things i'll be wanting to do is get her M.O.T'd, and providing she passes, then, Road Tax will be next. Even if everything goes smoothly, it will be a short affair having a play before i have to return to Korea (and that doesn't even take into account the often crap weather that Scotland has to offer! - I'm not too prepared to take LEX out in the wet until i've had something done about getting her cracked open and completely refurbished underneath and fixed up where already necessary before powder coating etc so that at least then she will be weather proofed for the Scottish weather! lol! An expensive proposition, i know, but necessary i think - maybe not so much further south, but in Edinburgh, i think so...)

I'm thinking the cheapest option for getting it all done properly and professionally would be to take her on a road trip to DMC Europe, and let them do it, but while i'm doing this job, its not gonna happen. I guess that they would need time to do the job - leaving the car with them, before then returning several weeks later to collect again, not several months later! like it would have to be while im working abroad.

Anway, i DO go on when you get me started! lol!....
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Rissy Wrote:Anway, i DO go on when you get me started! lol!....

PMSL :lol: