Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eurofest 2011. 26th-29th May2011. Belfast & Lisburn.
As per magazine article DeLorean News Issue 46

As most will be aware 2011 will be the 30th Anniversary of the deLorean motor car. To celebrate this very special event another Eurofest event is to be held in Northern Ireland. This promises to be a very special event and for those who remember the last one I'm sure you would agree that it is an interesting, memorable and poignant event. The DOC is currently in talks with the European clubs to try and make this event as accessible and cost effective as possible. Although we are still some time away from this event in order to try and get possible discounts on ferries and accomodation then an idea of numbers attending would be appreciated. The more Deloreans we can get travelling together with ourselves joining up with the cars travelling across from across the channel the more discount we may be able to get.
I must add a big thank you to Robert Lamrock of the DOA for organising this very special event. Therefore if you think you may be attending please can you add your name's below or 'PM' me. Thanks
http://www.eurofest2011.com/

Apologies for the duplicate post the origional was lost :oops:

Chris

http://www.eurofest2011.com/
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
...I think, if i can get some necessary work done to Lexi Baby, then i'll be aiming to go to this. I mean, 30 years only comes round once! ...It's a LONG wait to 40 years! lol! It gives me a target to aim for to get some work done to her, job permitting.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
I definately hope to be attending this one.
Its gonna take something pretty important to make me miss it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but won't this be the last time to drive round the test track, as its being demolished?
Or will it already be too late? Sad
Matt Goodliffe
Still dreaming the dream.
DOC 669
Honda Civic S

Delorean Savings Progress
██████████████████████████████████████████████████ 38%
I'm looking forward to going to this again, having been in 2001 and 2006 - I'm also going to
have a passenger this time, as Phill and I's daughter will be 18 months old by then! Shock

Unfortunately (and Rob will be able to confirm or otherwise), the test-track, factory, et all, are
all privately owned, and although I think approaches have been made to the Council/Government
to make it a 'Heritage Site' or such like, the requests have fallen on deaf ears.

I do hope tho, that someone in power does see sense and saves the site for posterity (and
the DeLorean Community's enjoyment of course! Big Grin )
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Looking forward to this too. Mr Green The highlight was definitely the factory visit. I'll never forget going around the test track for the first time, truly a great moment in my Delorean ownership and I can't wait to do it again!

Found some videos from that day.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... 2014863770

Some pics from 2006

[Image: EF5.jpg]

[Image: EF3.jpg]

[Image: EF7.jpg]

[Image: EF6.jpg]

[Image: 1.jpg]
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Memories ..... can't wait till next year!
If you're gonna build a timemachine, why not do it with style !
http://www.deloreanclubbelgium.eu
Hi there,

I am writing from Eddie Irvine Sports. We proudly have Eddie Irvines De Lorean on show and we would love for you to visit our centre as part of your 30th anniversary celebrations. We have a large car park and indoor access if you wish to show case a selection of De Loreans we can also provide catering for your visit. If you would like to discuss this opporunity in more detail please email me at whitney.russell@hotmail.co.uk or give me a call on 02891 451457, many thanks!
Whitney Wrote:Hi there,

I am writing from Eddie Irvine Sports. We proudly have Eddie Irvines De Lorean on show and we would love for you to visit our centre as part of your 30th anniversary celebrations. We have a large car park and indoor access if you wish to show case a selection of De Loreans we can also provide catering for your visit. If you would like to discuss this opporunity in more detail please email me at whitney.russell@hotmail.co.uk or give me a call on 02891 451457, many thanks!
Hi Whitney, If you would be good enough to contact Robert Lamrock through this forum (he is one of the organisers) I am sure he will be able to discuss this with you. He can be found by searching for members and 'PM' him.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
EUROFEST 2011 REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!

Full details:
http://www.deloreanowners.org/index.php?P=66

Best wishes,
Robert Lamrock
Eurofest 2011, amazing that it seems to have come around again so quickly.

The event is not to be missed, especially for those new owners who have not yet managed to drive their cars around the proving track.

It would appear that Robert's team have managed to get very worthwhile reductions at the Europa which is to be the main hotel, there are currently no metnions of the reduced price ferry deals offered last time (early days...) but I would be interested in a quick show of hands for people proposing to arrive on Thursday or staying Sunday night (~£90 per room for those 4 days), and indications of choice of ferry.

I went on the very civilised overnight service from my local Birkenhead direct into Belfast last time..... but I was the only one!

John C
Ayup John, we'll probably do Thursday to Sunday, but come home Sunday. I've not got brilliant sea legs, so we tend to drive to Stranraer and get the Seacat to Belfast.

Hard to believe its come round so fast, but really looking forward to it, and taking Kezia on her first ride round the test track in a DeLorean Big Grin
not sure if im even going to be able to afford this one now Sad
DOC 527
Vin #10264
I'm definitely going. Planning on submitting a holiday form to work to cover it, while i'm on holiday later this month (can't wait, less than 2 weeks to go!). I'm also going to submit my registration information with Clare, while i'm on holiday also. As for details of getting there....I've not looked into it yet. Will get Clare to look into it, if she can, ortherwise, i'll get round to it, probably via the internet over here (Korea). I wont have as far to travel as others, and reckon there will be a ferry across from quite far up the country compared to most others going, so doubt i'll see any of you during the "road trip" part of the journey.

Probably going to go for the full affair. Make a proper holiday out of it. Never been there before.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
you'll probably go from Stranraer then Rissy, thats the way I normally go as I dont enjoy ferry crossings.

Mike - thats a real bummer mate, hope the situation changes for you.
Count me in, looking forward to it! 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!