Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valuations
I never thought Id have to do this, but times are extremely hard, so unfortunately im looking at selling my D Sad
Is there anyone out there that can give me a real valuation on my car?

Off the top of my head here are the things that has been done to the car.

Pile of reciepts of work done and parts from "DeLorean One" totaling $34,000!!!
Including all perishables, hoses, seals, interior etc. (all done before I bought her)
New discs all round
New calipers all round
Braided brake hoses (front) and have rears but not fitted yet.
New front hubs and bearings.
New rear wheel bearings.
LED replacements in all rear lights exept for plate illumination.
LED door lights.
New plate lights fitted
Stainless "DMC" throttle cover.
Anodised water bottle.
Full set of metal stickers... (DMC airfilter sticker, water bottle, electrics, door labels, battery labels, fan label, sunvisor label and im sure there is many more.
Drivers side door signed by Claudia Wells "Hey, how about a ride mister? Claudia Well Jennifer Parker xxx"
New(recon) Autobox Solenoids, Pan filter and gasket.
New set of track rod ends (Not fitted yet)
New front springs.
Complete stainless exhaust system ...Cost £1200 (Medium Loudness..Sounds quite knarly)
Incar PC made by myself, can be removed if needed but will need new radio cage if your are planning to revert back to
original condition. (I still have the airvent too).
PC consists of 80gb Hard drive, 1.2Ghz processor, 2Gb Ram running WinXP. Runs a car program called Road Runner.
Has SatNav, GPS Speedo and direction, Video player, DVD PLayer, Music player (lots of tunes), Internet (If used with wireless broadband dongle), 7" Touchscreen Display,
sounblaster Live audio card. There is currently no sound at the moment as Ive taken my 2 channel amp out. I was going to fit a 5 Channel Amp, but ive suddenly found I cant afford it,
so the project is still unfinished (Working but no sound). You can have the 2 channel amp and bass speaker if needed. (High quality Alpine speakers fitted all round)
New bonnet gas struts.
New Door Gas struts (2 Years ago)
New Lambda Sensor

Needs....
Window switches. (These were new, but didnt last very long. Can stop working from time to time)
Track rod ends fitting (have these)
Needs new tyres on the front. Getting quite worn now. (Rears are perfect)
Ignition key cylinder finishing off. (Been fully refurbed, but is missing the small Aluminium piece that sits between the switch and cylinder).
Autoshift plate needs a little attention. The plate lifts off when moving from "P" to "D" sometimes. Hot glue should sort that.
Drivers door trim could do with sticking back down in one small area.
Small crumple in drivers side rear arch. Not too noticeable, but will need a little Chris Nicholson help to make it like new.

Other than that (Off the top of my head, that is it).
She runs perfect.
Starts first time.
Drives lovely.
And I love her to bits. Very sad to see her go.

She is Vin'0981, which is a very early car. Only 481st off the production line of around 9,200 (according to the Lotus guys at the first Eurotec)
She has, grooves, gasflap, and textured rear fiberglass engine bay top.
Stainless rear DeLorean insignia, as well as the door sills.
Angel eyes dipped beam (have originals still if you want them).
Quite a few spares like belts, airfilters, fuel filter, old hubs and bearings, original exhaust manifolds, gas struts etc etc

I paid £15,000 for my D from Gary Tidman 5 years ago. And she's done a few miles since then!
She had 13,000 on the clock when bought, and now has around 65,000 on her. Not hammered miles either.
Regular Oil changes (including transmission fluid), filters and spark plugs.
She must have at the very least 6 Months Tax left on her and 6 Months MOT.

Any other questions would be greatly appreciated.
If you can give me a valuation, or know someone who can, please PM me ar eMail me.
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
sorry to read this Paul, I know how much the car means to you and it would be such a shame
if you did have to let her go. Sad Sad

Having seen your car, and knowing how nice it is, I would have thought that its still worth
good money even with the few little jobs that need doing. So what if she's done 65k - these
cars benefit from being used rather then being used as garage ornaments, and your car obviously
runs better for it.

I hope that everything sorts itself out soon and you dont have to let her go.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Cant agree more.
Cars that are stood for ages never seem to run as those used regularly.
There's just the odd couple of cosmetic things plus the tyres and track rod ends (Which I have), apart from that, she's a belter really.

Cry
Hi Paul, sorry to hear about you considering selling your car, but situations change as do priorites.

I'd give Dave Howarth a ring. He keeps his ear to the ground and often knows of folk looking for cars.

At the end of the day its worth what you can get for it, but generally speaking, the price of classic cars is suppringly high at the moment. Good luck.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Cheers Chris. Much appreciated.