Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tatton Park Show 21st and 22nd August 2010
Hi everyone,

In order to make sure we get the space after missing it this year I am in the process of arrnging us a stand at the Tatton Park Classic Vintage and Sports car show next August.

Having had provisional yes's from several people I thought I'd start letting people know so you can pencil it in for a great day out!

So far:

1.Myself
2.Phil Emsley
3.John Chapplehow
4.Claire and Phil (1 car I assume?)
5.Dave Howarth

are all up for bringing cars down for either 1 day or both.

Would anyone else be interested in joining? If so I can;t make promises but we may be able to swap for the second day.

More Info here, http://www.cheshireautopromotions.co.uk

I should be able to get us some publicity before hand in the Manchester Evening News aswell.

Cheers!
ayup Scott, I see no reason why Phill and I wont be bringing both cars - we'll need the extra
seat from a second car for Kezia remember :wink:

I would have thought you can probably pencil RichH in for this as well, but he can confirm with
you either way.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I spoke to the organiser today and he said that they're happy to cater for as many DeLoreans as possible Smile
As long as we have a about half of the attendees for Sunday there on the Saturday aswell to occupy the space.

Claire do you and Phil want to attend both days? You can leave the cars in situe or they are happy for them to be moved in and out ect. And could you bring the Gazebo that you had at GKN? Dave should be able to supply a load of frame work ect for the stand.

John and Rich, would you want to attend both days or just one?

So ANYONE from the club who fancies joining please let me know cause we could make this a big gathering to show off the cars at a reletivly DMC untouched venue! There are lots of other car clubs in attendance and a huge auto jumble aswell as the surrounding park which is pretty impressive in itself!
I would have thought both days wont be a problem, is there camping or a hotel nearby?

Will bring gazebo's, flags, etc. Make a proper DOC-UK prescence of it Big Grin
Tempting but I won't know until MUCH nearer the time.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
This is one show I've missed over the last few years, but defo want to do it next year; Saturday/Sunday/both.... I'll help make the numbers up, or will combine with another owner to alternate days if necessary.

JohnC
Not a problem Rich, Just getting trhe idea out and about so people are aware. I'll no doubt be jogging memories nearer the time and we have until a few weeks before the show to make changes so by all means keep it in mind!

I'll look into camping Claire, There is certainly hotels not too far away, at worst its not far from manchester itself as its right on the motorway. Be great if you and phil were there for both days! And the new addition of course Smile Sporting DOC t shirt I hope Tongue

John - If you want to do both theres no issues with that. They are very interested in us pulling as many as possible - he mentioned other clubs have made it their national meet and have had 80+ cars! So I think we'll do fine for space ect :p
Sounds good Scott, I'll have to speak to Mary about getting DOC t-shirts made that small,
as Kezia will be 10 months old then Shock
If all goes to plan and it probably wont, I'll bring myself and 'ol stainless' #10556 along to the event, its only down the road fom the Wirral. I'll ask my friend Dave in Irby if he can go and bring his DMC along, but he needs his clutch sorting first 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Hey everyone, I've had confirmation about our place at the Tatton Park show on August 21st and 22nd. Could you PM me your full name's and car registration number aswell as what days you plan to attend (Sat, Sun or both). I will be attending both and we ideally need a minimum of 4 cars per day to secure a good plot. They will allow us to add more cars during the year as they want as many DMC's in attendance as possible. If you want to Star over theres the option of tent camping or caravan at the site. If not its about half hours drive from Manchester where there are many many hotels.

So to recap I need your name, Car reg, what days your attending and if you are staying on site.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks
PM Sent Scott Big Grin

Claire & Phill
Hey Everyone,

I'm sending off a preliminary list of interested parties for this show in the next couple of days. If theres anyone else that can commit to both or either of the days please let me know asap (Rich H?). There will probably be a chance to add you on later but theres no certainty on that.

Hope everyones well, Cheers
I'm in. Both days.

1. Scott
2. Phil Emsley
3. John Chapplehow
4. Claire and Phil & Kezia (2 cars)
5. Dave Howarth
6. Richard H
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
quality!!

Thats 7 cars already - I'm sure we'll rustle up a few more before then too Smile
Can you stick me down as tentative? Ta!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126