Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diamond Select Toys 1:15 BTTF DeLorean
http://www.bttf.net/ProductDetails.asp?P...Click=2043

Just returned from Vegas. In my side trip to LA, I went to Universal, one of the shops there had the new 1:15 BTTF car.

Overall it looks quite special, I like the light up effects including mini time-travel circuits/FC inside the car...

Sound effects chip play 15 sounds, including the car not starting ??!

Through the packaging the actual bod of the car looked slightly more plastic-like than the Sun Star models (but the light in the shop was very poor).

Couldn't get a photo of the car, sorry, hence the link above.

Shop price was $39.99, I was disappointed that all of the 6 boxes on display had some degree of damage.

It'll be on my Xmas list.....

JohnC
And no DMC logo for copyright reasons :| It does look good with those neon lights I have to admit.

Off topic John, Will you be around for Tatton Park next year? 21st/22nd August?
Scott.

Yep, I've kept missing Tatton park, but I'd still like to do it.

JohnC
just to let you guys know i have one they are not the best but, fx's are a bit to load for the speaker so bit dodgy. lights are fantastic tho, coz of the size of the car it is made of plastic not metal like the sunstar cars. but over all one that ticks all the box's for a good replica. lol

on a foot note heard the sound card has a usb port on it so any one one want to do a better sound set up good luck.
DOC was#520 Now#910, VIN# One Day
DeLorean Fund:On Hold (All Money On Kids!
I Need A FIVE Seater.
I ordered on from Play.com, supposed release date of November 1st, no updates at all..... Cry
My 1:15 model arrived today.

On closer inspection it is a bit of a mix of BTTF-1 and BTTF-2 detailing;

The box it comes in states it is from BTTF-2 (familiar blue background colour scheme).

There's no 'Mr Fusion' which is wrong.

The instructions list 'no car start' as unique to 'this version', the famous car wont start scene is in BTTF-1?

The wheels dont rotate into the flying mode, no mention of this important car feature in the blurb....

I was really reallly really carful taking it out of the box (necessary to switch it from 'demo' to 'play' mode) there are still slight imperfections in the silver effect plastic on the body

The plus points:

The light-up bands do look very very cool.

The flux capacitor does indeed flux!!!!!

The time circuits light up (in the picture they are the correct 3 colours, on my model all 3 displays are orange)

The dashboard is particularly well detailed, even glowing in the 'not quite bright enough' off white colour of the real thing.

I had initially thought I had received a BTTF-1 model in a BTTF-2 box, but the pictures match the toy.

Still a fun item to add to the DeLorean collection!

John C