Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flexible vinyl paint
Halfords are selling Flexible Vinyl paint in light and dark grey, I have tidied up the dash binnacle on my DMC (burnt to hell by 9 years of California sunshine) and got pretty good results. Its not a perfect match but its quite close shade wise to my new seat covers-much better than before and only £9.99. Worth a shot if you have a few bits of trim needing de-scruffing but I dont think you would do the whole car interior as the paint seeps into the stiching and darkens the light coloured stitching and might make it look too new! I have sprayed the leather pads next to the steering column and they do look a damn sight better as they were discoloured and marked, I sprayed them 2 months ago and they show no sign of peeling,flaking etc. 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
This stuff is brilliant for black cars, but as you say is a bit of a mis-match and can't be used on the seats to blend it all in. I'm having some of this stuff mixed and matched up - used to sell it years ago but the guy who did them no longer offers it and it's taken ages to find somewhere else to make up a dye in an aerosol.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk