Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DMC Molds?
Hey Folks

Found this on an unrelated blog. Theres pics near the bottom of the page showing molds left by the test track. Can a keen eye tell if these look DMC related or are they from the current car parts firm?

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/sho ... hp?t=29828

Regards
Hiya Scott,

firstly, what a shame that the test track is in that state - the guys over in Ireland worked
bloody hard to clear it all in time for Eurofest 2006, looks like they are gonna have their
work cut out again if Rob Lamrock can arrange for us to go back in 2011 for the 30th
Anniversary celebrations.

Those moulds look like engine blocks - Montupet who reside in the factory now make alloy
wheels and engine parts, so I would assume that they are cast offs from Montupet, as I
think the engines for the DeLorean were shipped in from France - Neal Barclay can clarify
this as he was there Big Grin

AFAIK, the majority of the body dies lay at the bottom of the Irish Sea as fishing weights, and
I did see one of the fibreglass underbody moulds at DMC Houston in 2003 - now that was a
sight to behold Smile

Hope this helps,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Ayy yeah I figured. Still, wouldnt mind going to the test track some time cleaned up or not. Theres something i find interesting about abandoned overgrown places, although nice when cleaned up, they seem more intriguing, like they may hold some surprises.

Just watched the BBC Car Crash Documentary again. Think I'll be getting the car out again tomorrow Smile
dmcscott2002 Wrote:Ayy yeah I figured. Still, wouldnt mind going to the test track some time cleaned up or not. Theres something i find interesting about abandoned overgrown places, although nice when cleaned up, they seem more intriguing, like they may hold some surprises.

Just watched the BBC Car Crash Documentary again. Think I'll be getting the car out again tomorrow Smile

lol, bit like when I started to clear the orchard in our garden last year and unearthed bits of
a long dead Morris Minor then!! :lol:

The test track - infact the whole Belfast Eurofest experience is awesome, I cant wait to go
again in 2yrs Big Grin

Hope the weather is good tomorrow for you if you do get the De out Smile
I was at the test track a couple of weeks ago and these moulds are for aluminimum engine cyclinder heads. Montupet quite often use the track as a dumping ground for some of their scrap items.
The track will be cleared of moss and overgrown bushes for the next Eurofest in May 2011. More details early next year.

Robert Lamrock
Chapter Director for Ireland
DeLorean Owners Association
cant wait to hear the full details Rob Big Grin

Such a shame tho, that the people who own the test track dont look after it, and its down
to you guys over there to put in months of effort every few years to make it useable again.

regards,
Robert, have you dates in May 2011 yet for the Eurofest?

Mary
Hi Mary,

Thursday 26th to Sunday 29th May 2011. It the usual end of May bank holiday weekend.

Best wishes,
Robert
Excellent!!

We'll see you there, if not before Robert!! Big Grin