Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoresby show, Notts, Bank Holiday Monday 31st Aug
Hi folks,

Having not been to a single show since 2007, I just wondered if anyone fancied going to this:

http://www.classicshows.org/Thoresby310809.htm

It sounds pretty good and isn't too far for the Midlands or East Anglian fraternity. I will be going anyway, but its a matter of which car to choose!

If we get a few D's going, I take the D, but if not I'll take the Renault.

The booking deadline is 21st August. There's a link to the booking form on the website.

All the Best,

Rich
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
It's a good show Rich, Phill,Claire, Malc, Gay & myself went to it, (I think 07) I'd be up for it but I'm away at Manx GP. If you get a few cars to go & call the organisers (Andrew Greenwood's) you will get in for around a fiver & be in the 'show' section. If you just turn up it's normally around twelve quid & you might just get put amoungst the visitors cars etc.
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
I've gone as a Private Entry this time. You still get in for the exhibitor's rate (£3 or so), but they needed a minimum of 3 cars to give you a club stand, so I've gone private.

Now, which to choose - Category E - post 1980, Category F - Sports and Convertible, or Category G - American?!

Will go 'F' I think.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
yep, we've been 2yrs running and its a good show, lots to see, and a fab autojumble.

We'd only be able to bring the Flopmeister tho, as Sorbet is wtih Chris Nicholson at the
moment.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Oooh. I should be able to do this one. Its only a few miles away from me.
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Good stuff!

I think you have to register by Friday 21st though! You can get a booking form from that website I put the link to... I think you have to print it off and post it.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Ayup Rich,

I'll get the form printed off this week and posted off.

Be good to see you again - you bringing the De then and not the Renault? :wink:

I'll get in touch with Jordan too and see if he wants to go, as its a nice local one for him
if his car is on the road Smile
Im posting mine off in the morning. Hopefully its not too late (postal time etc..)
See you guys there.
Coolio. Yep, I decided on the D in the end, though I went as a private entry rather than a club stand, so they might well split us all up.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Well, Rich, why dont you meet us at ours, as we're on the way from your house to
Thoresby - and Birksie, you could meet us on the A38 somewhere near J28 of the M1?

Then we can all travel in together, and they wont be able to split us up Smile

I've heard back from Jordan, he's gonna try and make this too, and he lives enroute too
in the Mansfield area.

This is a nice car show, and it has a fab autojumble too Smile
Sounds like a plan! What time should we drop in at yours do you reckon?
Rich Hanlon Wrote:Sounds like a plan! What time should we drop in at yours do you reckon?

err...... cant remember what time it starts! lol

Its about an hour's gentle run to Thoresby from here, so I'm guessing if you get to us for
8.30am, then we can meet Birksie on the way (and possibly Jordan), and get there for half 9-ish?

How does that sound? (apart from a 'pigs tail' for a Bank Holiday Monday :lol: )
KO. See you then...!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Which way you coming Claire?
Straight up the M1 to J30 onto A619 then A60 to the A57 Roundabout?
If you are, we could meet up at the Petrol Station on the roundabout if you want?
Well, that's pretty handy. I know that particular neck of the woods reasonably well myself as I grew up around there. At least we'll all be able to meet there at the petrol station if Claire and myself get split up on the way.

(Is it not the A619?)

See you soon!

Rich
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126