Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pic attachments gone missing
To Mr Admin Mike H

Attached pics of dyno results seems to have gone missing/ been deleted.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3019

Might have gone since upgrade, just need to restore from pre-upgrade backup.

Cheers,

Nick.
Thanks for the pm Smile Will get it sorted Smile

Mike
DOC 527
Vin #10264
There still missing,

Infact it's all of the other areas that had attachments, there now all missing Shock

Dan
oh noes, i was lookign over the backup i did and i missed teh folder with all the attachments in :o

It didnt help with the fact of the upgrade not going so well so i had to do a fresh install.

Sorry for that, lesson learnt Smile
DOC 527
Vin #10264
MikeH Wrote:oh noes, i was lookign over the backup i did and i missed teh folder with all the attachments in :o

It didnt help with the fact of the upgrade not going so well so i had to do a fresh install.

Dont worry about it mate, we have all got to learn and by mistakes usually! :wink:
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
MikeH Wrote:oh noes, i was lookign over the backup i did and i missed teh folder with all the attachments in :o

Hi Mike, not being funny but are you sure that you have done a fresh install ?

The reason I ask is that if you had then all of my altered PHP scripts would of been replaced with the default ones from the PHPBB install and this is not the case, I can still see my changes and my comments in some of the PHPBB files. Also the custom profile I made for the DOC would of been lost.

So I take it that as you didnt do a Full backup before the update that all of the attachments are now lost ? Do you have a backup of the SQL backend ?

If you need help or maybe the documents I wrote about the admin of the Forum let me know.

Dan
I reckon you're just putting random combinations of letters together there Dan to confuse Mike. Surely?! :lol:
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Hi Dan,

Well ok maybe i didnt word it right, Basicly during the upgrade process it decided it didnt like doing that, and half way through it it started throwing out errors, Also alot of the files had changed so basicly i found the best way to fix it was to download a fresh install, backup certain files and folders, delete the rest then copy the new files across, Once i had done that i ran the database_update.php script and after that it was all working.

So i'd admit i didnt do a totally fresh install, only partially. Obviously i missed part of the backing up process which wont happen again. Afterall i havnt done all this for a few years.

Yes i have a full backup of the SQL, thats one thing i do regularly obviously.

Short story yes unfortunatly the attachments are now lost Sad

Mike
DOC 527
Vin #10264
I still have my old old old backup from when I handed over to Dan if this would be any help wrt picture files etc.........

All .SQL and FTP files from the complete web site at the time.

NickT

You may be lucky and the hosting site may have backups.........