Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After 20 years of waiting!
Hi All,

This is my first post. I can officially class myself as a Delorean owner of of Thursday last week when I paid Patrick Kielty for his '81 Delorean. Its been sitting with PJGrady for some time and I happened across it having spent some time figuring out how to get the car I wanted (been waiting to have one since I was 9).

Chris N is completing the stainless overhaul, fitting a gas flap hood (its a late '81 and has a flat hood). Seats have been re-covered by Lee Pattison and its getting a brand new set of front and rear bumpers.

Chris is working hard to complete the car for the 23rd, so fingers crossed!

Very excited!

Thomas.

'81 Delorean
'06 Lexus IS250
'07 A-Class (Yuk!)
'82 Grey Interior, Manual VIN# 10646
'09 Audi A8 Quattro
Congrats!

Chris will do you a great job on the car.

Do you know why Patrick Kielty wanted to sell it?
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Well done Thomas, and welcome to the DOC-UK! Big Grin

I had no idea Patrick was selling his car, he's had it about 5yrs now IIRC.

As a very happy PJ Grady Customer, I can confirm you will be delighted with your car
when it comes back from them, Chris is a Stainless God *bows down, not worthy* lol Mr Green

You'll have to get some pics up when you get your car - whereabouts are you located?
Always lots of stuff going on, from organised shows to random local get togethers at
peoples houses, so it will be good to see you and your car about sometime.

Oh, and I work for Mercedes.......... I can vouch for your comment in your sig!! lol :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I'll reiterate the same Thomas, Congrats.
Hope you'll put some pics up of the car once its finished?
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Just found this in my archive of pics from the Top Gear studio I think.

[Image: kielty.jpg]

Cue Claire.... :wink:
Absolutely, will be taking some pictures very soon I hope. The 23rd is the day I collect, all going well.

I've had a few opportunities to drive one in the last few months, but have deliberately resisted the temptation, so the first one I drive will be my own (and it'll be a 200 mile trek as well!).
'09 Audi A8 Quattro
Just got an update from Chris last night.

Interior is coming up well, alternator is being rebuilt at the moment, wheels are being refurbished and the seats are hopfully coming over in the next day or so.

Last batch of parts arrived, aerial, luggage compartment carpet and inner and outer seals from PJG US.

Chris has got his work cut out for him for sure but he is doing nothing short of an awesome job!
'09 Audi A8 Quattro
Yes, he will be working through the night to get your car ready if that's what it takes (and it's a DeLorean so it probably will)... Give us an update when you pick up the car! Big Grin
VIN 7176
DOC 643
wythet Wrote:Hi All,

This is my first post. I can officially class myself as a Delorean owner of of Thursday last week when I paid Patrick Kielty for his '81 Delorean. Its been sitting with PJGrady for some time and I happened across it having spent some time figuring out how to get the car I wanted (been waiting to have one since I was 9).

Chris N is completing the stainless overhaul, fitting a gas flap hood (its a late '81 and has a flat hood). Seats have been re-covered by Lee Pattison and its getting a brand new set of front and rear bumpers.

Chris is working hard to complete the car for the 23rd, so fingers crossed!

Very excited!

Thomas.

'81 Delorean
'06 Lexus IS250
'07 A-Class (Yuk!)

I too have been waiting for 20 years! My day is also on its way!
This is my first EVER post too, as I just joined the club yesterday. So on that note....HI EVERYONE!

Although not officially mine....yet...I'm buying vin#1458 from J.Flanagan and am due to officially hand him the money, and take my keys in exchange, on the 5th September. From his place, i'm going straight on a country long road trip with my new car, to Edinburgh, where sh'ell stay with me for the foreseeable future. (or is it the past!?)
The next three weeks can't come quick enough! I went to view the car, and have a shot, last weekend, and have been chomping at the bit since then! Until then, i'm arranging my funds for Jamie, and staring lovingly at pics, and watching videos of my soon to be, new car. I would have waited until I got the car before submitting my post, but saw Thomas's, and couldn't resist!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Hi Rissy. Congrats, and welcome to the experience that is DeLorean ownership! It's a rollercoaster ride Big Grin
VIN 7176
DOC 643
welcome Rissy!!

We've got a few members in Scotland, so you'll be in good company Smile

I know your car well, and drove it a few times in the early noughties - its got the
most comfy seats of any De I've ever sat in.

Enjoy!!! Big Grin
Hey Rissy, welcome to the club!

If you need any help, you know where to come Mr Green

Look forward to seeing some pics...
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Hi Rissy,
Nice to see another owner/member. Welcome aboard!
...Well, thats me! Finally home now with my new car! Awesome!
I was quite nervous on Saturday when I went to collect her, but also, very excited!
It was a long month to wait to get to that point.
I'm only now just back on the internet as I stopped off at my other home in Rugby with the car for a few days before coming the rest of the way up the country to Edinburgh yesterday. (No internet at my Rugby address)
I'll tell you, instant celebrity or what! lol! Quite an attention grabber is my new car LEX!
My neighbours loved her in Rugby, and i've already started a stir in the neighbourhood here in Edinburgh lol!

I've already started working on the car, both in Rugby over the last few days, and also now in Edinburgh (On holiday this week :-) )
I'm starting with some simple basics, to make sure I know where to draw a nice clean line in the sand for basic operation of the car (lights - need some attention, need new air filter, still to look at spark plugs - not easy to get at on engine!, may need a new car battery sooner than thought) I'm also looking at some cosmetics for tidying up the look of the car, whilst keeping her original looking.

Now that i've had more of an opportunity to go over the car with a fine-toothed comb (as much as possible without getting her up on to a hydraulic lift) I've already identified that she needs some maintenance attention to the chassis structure underneath and near the torsion bars for the doors - some guidance/help required. Also, some of the wiring seems a bit suspect. I can guarantee i'm going to be seeking for some assistance from you guys on all of that! :-)

I'll need to get some photos up. I have been taking some myself already, but also, my parents drove me down to collect the car in the first place, and they've been great at taking some photos of the official handover from J.F to myself, and then of me driving the car on the motorways back up to Edinburgh! Just need to spend the time to work out how to get photos on here now.

I'll take a breath now! lol!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
ayup Rissy, its the best feeling in the world isnt it Big Grin

I know the car quite well myself, and have probably got loads of pics of it on my PC somewhere
if you want them burning to disc and posting them to you - just let me know Smile

As for loading photos, I use Photobucket, which is free, and once you've uploaded the pics
on there from your PC you need to make sure you use the 'img' link and just copy and paste
that into your forum message and it should work fine.

Spark plugs are a git of a job, especially when the engine is still warm - cue burning sensations
to inside of wrists reaching the ones at the back! lol All part of the fun tho.......

Enjoy!! Big Grin