Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photo Request - OEM Wide Side Stripe
Hi Everyone,

As some of you know I have had the wide black side stripes remade over the years with the DMC and associated logos
cut out of the vinyl to allow the stainless to show through, however my sign writer says they can better replicate the
oem style if they had some good photos of the original side stripe design. they will then cut the DMC etc.. out of silver/
grey vinyl which will then be laid on top of the matt black stripe to give a more original look.

so what I'm after is some good reasonable hi/resolution photos of the original wide side stripe specifically the DMC logo
and other silver printed areas etc...

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
I think Rich Hanlon has the original side stripes on his car, might be worth contacting him?

If you can get them re-made as close to original as poss, I'd deffo be interested, and I think
RichH was on about them too, as his car used to have them on.

Cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I have the computer file that I use for printing the wide stripe on my D. I will dig it out for you... but it may take some time...
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
I do indeed have them, and the silver bit is in quite good nick too. I'm pretty busy at the mo but I might get chance to get a few shots of it this weekend...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Rich Hanlon Wrote:I do indeed have them, and the silver bit is in quite good nick too. I'm pretty busy at the mo but I might get chance to get a few shots of it this weekend...

Richard if you could get some good upclose photos that would be really helpful.

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK