Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEC CLASSIC CAR SHOW 2009
As ever the DOC will be hosting a stand at the NEC this November. The dates are the 13/14 and 15th of November 2009.
Final details of the stand have now been sorted out and the size is 15.5m x 7m. This will comfortably allow for two cars plus hopefully a rolling chassis, along with normal display bits and bobs/desk/store Etc.
Therefore if anyone would like to volunteer there car to be on display,and or help out on the stand and to be admired by loads and loads of people (the cars that is :lol: ) then please can you let me know . Clearly free entry passes will be available for exhibitors. This is great event to showcase our cars to the UK and the world as this is a very well attended event from Europe and worldwide.
I have put a NEC supplied advert in the members only section of the forum regarding (advance) special offer prices for any one wishing to attend in November.
Thanks in advance
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris.

I intend to be at the show. I'll help man the stand for the 3 days, and presumably help set-up if needed as I've done before.

You can use my car if you like, but I'm as keen as anone else for a bit of 'unique' variety if you've had other offers....

JohnC
JohnC Wrote:Chris.

I intend to be at the show. I'll help man the stand for the 3 days, and presumably help set-up if needed as I've done before.

You can use my car if you like, but I'm as keen as anone else for a bit of 'unique' variety if you've had other offers....

JohnC
Thank you John for your very kind offer, and yes if it's OK with you we would love to have your car back on the stand.

Cheers
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I may also be interested in having mine on show but I'm sure you'll have had other offers. Plus, I'm not sure I could be there all three days myself either...

VIN6126, Grey, auto, Wide black sidestripes.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Dave Howarth did confirm to me that we'll be getting the rolling chassis this year too,
which combined with the Explodaview Wall will be fantastic for visitors to see Big Grin

I might be able to make 1 day, it just depends on how our new arrival is by then and
how old he/she is depending on whether he/she is early/on time/late :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Confirmed with the Authorities, I'm available that weekend, as is the motor, if you want me!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Rich Hanlon Wrote:Confirmed with the Authorities, I'm available that weekend, as is the motor, if you want me!

Thanks for the very kind offer Richard. at the moment we have two cars for the stand but if it's Ok, can I keep you on stand by just in case?
People to man the stand are more than welcome though if you are still up for spending some time on the stand!

Cheers again
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I will be at the show 3 days with Regalia and will help 'man' the stand . If anyone wishes to order any particular item please contact me via my email address as published in the magazine.

Mary
No worries at all, glad to see you're sorted. Sorry about that, I thought you only had the one.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Hi

i might have mmissed this somewhere, but are there any discounted tickets this year for this?.

i want to go the Friday.

thanks

Steve
DOC 370
ex vin 1621
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
theres a link in the members only section IIRC. Not sure of the deadline tho to order tickets.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
steve.s Wrote:Hi

i might have mmissed this somewhere, but are there any discounted tickets this year for this?.

i want to go the Friday.

thanks

Steve
DOC 370
ex vin 1621

Hi

Both in the the last magazine and in the members section of the forum there is an advert.

Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi

got it, but a bit daft really as at the top of the ad says 13 14 15 NOV.

then in small print at bottom says discount only Saturday and Sunday.

so 14th and 15th!.

i don't get why the Friday should be so much more

Steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
To be fair, I had not noticed that, but your right. Seems a bit strange when the quiet day is Friday! me wonders if this may be a typo? May be worth a call to check it out.

Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi

Pretty sure thats correct, as previous years.

i would guess they think they get more 'trade' on the Friday, and have to discount the other days to get the families?.

a great show but is expensive when you add the extortionate parking fees, food.
(and for me easier to use the M6 toll rather than M6 car park which adds another £4.50 each way.)

Steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370