Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Speakmans
There was a couple of links posted on dmctalk.com showing a couple called the Speakmans (Nik and Deva) from the UK, doing some sort of psychological assistance for celebrities. It it they use a BTTF car with "The Speakmans" on the side to "go back in time" so the client can address whatever issue concerns them.

Does anyone know do they actually own a car, or do they rent it from someone for these events?
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Lord Nick did/does own a BTTF replica although I have never seen it myself. Although I do remember seeing a TV? clip at some point showing the car, as well as others. Perhaps someone else can remember the one?

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I seem to recall that the BTTF replica that Lord Nick Speakman owns originally had something
to do with (or the bits that are on it had something to do with) Paul Feagan who was doing
BTTF props years ago. I last saw Paul in 2003 in the Isle of Wight just before he sold his car
and moved abroad (IIRC).

LNS did have a 'regular' DeLorean prior the BTTF conversion, which he sold to buy this one.

I think he's also got some other exotica in his garage too, but he uses the De as part of their
'Life Coach' therapy sessions.

I know that Mike Sumner rang him up for a chat about the cars once, maybe he can shed some
more light on this?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
The links I saw were:

http://www.nikandeva.com/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... egime.html

They struck me as an extroverted couple, and it surprised me that hadn't had a mention on te forum.

Is he really a "Lord"?
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
not sure about the Lord bit - ie whether he's a Hereditary or Honorary Peer or whether
he's got one of those titles that you can buy.

He does get a mention on here now and again, and they are Club Members.

Like I said, I'm sure Mike Sumner rang them up one day for a chat about the car, I'm
sure Mike will respond to this post next time he's online Smile
Small world...Nick Speakman and his cars (yellow Diablo and the Delorean) were on the same TV show as me:

Car Nation

About 3 years ago on BBC2 after Top Gear

Kind regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
ahah, I think that must be the programme I saw him on - might even still have it on video
somewhere :wink:
Hi Claire,

We both had quite a bit of air time, there were three 1 hour episodes, Nick and I feature in length in episode 3 (about 20 mins each), and a few seconds in episodes 1 & 2

If you have it on video, search it out it's a good laugh.

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
will have to have a look through - if I've not got it, then my ex will have, (ex owner of DGS803X),
as he kept all the DeLorean memorabilia, models, videos, etc when we split 4yrs ago.
Guinney1971 Wrote:not sure about the Lord bit - ie whether he's a Hereditary or Honorary Peer or whether
he's got one of those titles that you can buy.

He does get a mention on here now and again, and they are Club Members.

Like I said, I'm sure Mike Sumner rang them up one day for a chat about the car, I'm
sure Mike will respond to this post next time he's online Smile

You're right Claire I was in touch with Lord Nick Speakman a few years back.

Basically he was adament that his DeLorean was one of the original film cars, even though it is clear that the rear quarter glass is still in place, which obviously indicates it being a replica.

I challenged him about this but he didn't have an answer.

It appeared to me that he was trading on the car being a film prop, whereas in actual fact it is at best a passable mock-up that is nowhere near the standard of the car Glen Hale owned.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
I think Martin Gutkowski will also be able to confirm that the car that Nick Speakman owns
is not a genuine film car too - I think as I said before, and IIRC, Paul Feagan supplied and
made quite a bit of the BTTF stuff thats on the car.

All I can think is, is that the car was mis-sold to Nick Speakman?