Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please read, Message from Dave Howarth. Hon Club President
This is a message I have posted on behalf of Dave Howarth. I would appreciate taking the time to read and act upon it's suggestions.

I was the joint founder of the Delorean Owners Club UK in 1996. I am now club president and fully support all its officers and members.

My interest has always been in the cars, not club politics, to this end I have over the years accumulated many spare parts. I recently received a telephone request to list them, this I have done. This list in not full, but is a selection of them. Indeed I would be interested in selling them as a job lot, and will keep just enough to maintain my 3 cars. Only serious potential purchases need inquire.

I note that there is an error where the exploder–view posters that Chris Parnham and myself own, have been listed at £6.50 each. This is a “bulk buy” price of 100 or more. Individually they are £9.95 each plus postage. We will be selling them on the DOC stand at the NEC this year, with the profits going to DOC club funds. I made this same offer to the new club to help its funds.

I am very upset that certain people seem to have misinterpreted my help towards DeLorean owners in general and have made it appear that I have somehow changed allegiances from the club I have founded, to the new club based around the Norfolk meeting.

I have always tried to help ALL delorean owners regardless. I don’t use the Internet and computers and don’t follow any newsgroups or forums. Nobody should publish anything in my name, unless I specifically ask them to and put it in writing to them first. I think all this rivalry that has recently erupted over the new delorean club is very regrettable.

Both clubs should be able to live side by side without sniping at each other. Indeed we have all always tried to be a “helpful club”. If I were a newish owner, reading some of this stuff that has been put on the internet recently, I would probably forget about buying a DeLorean and buy an old Jag instead! This cannot be good for any of us. So please all of you, calm down, do your own thing and stop trying to upset fellow DeLorean Owners.

Sincerely,

Dave Howarth, President of the DOC UK

Typed under my instruction by Chris Parnham DOC UK Historian.

Chris Williams
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584