Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean Story on AROnline
Hi folks – just stumbled across this interesting Delorean story interesting on

www.aronline.co.uk

top article as of today. Looks nicely written at first glance.

Very interesting website it is too, basically all about the British car industry but chiefly BL/ BMC and Rover stuff on there, though he’s recently branched out into Rootes Group too. It is a vast and addictive website, you have been warned!!!

Did anyone know there was a plan to built TR7’s in Dunmurry after DMC shut?
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
the TR7 production at dunmurray is mentioned in "Thriumph TR7 - The Untold Story" and a couple of pages are devoted to this final chapter in the TR7/8 story. The car would have been called a Healy, produced for the US market and body panels produced in Laepple carlow.
One issue was the lack of paint shop at Dunmurray plus some other political and economic hurdles put an end to the TR7 at Dunmurray
VIN #2969
DOC UK # 609
Did anyone know there was a plan to built TR7’s in Dunmurry after DMC shut?[/quote]

That's right and the Sinclair C5!, Good job that didn't Happen, or I would not have got a other job ever again. :lol: :lol:
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
Aha - just read the article to the bottom, and it attributed to Chrisses Parnham and Williams! I though the level of detail in it must have come from an insider...!!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Had not read the article until my name was mentioned! I think it's just copied and pasted from the Octane magazine article. The bulk of the info came from ChrisP. I just supplied a car for pictures for the magazine and pointed everyone in the right direction.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584