Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How old do I feel? lol
It dawned on me earlier, that on this very day, 20 years ago, at around 2.40pm, I
passed my driving test Shock

I can still remember it, it was a boiling hot Friday afternoon, and I was at the mercy
of the cheif examiner in Stevenage, but thankfully, I didnt make a hash of it, and
returned my instructor's 1988 Nissan Micra Collette in one piece Smile

I can remember getting home, then deciding to drive round to my nan's house in my
Mini and see her (she was dying of lung cancer at the time). I got in the Mini, and
suddenly thought "sh1t, what do I do now?" Not having anyone next to me completely
threw me at first - and then I had to work out how to actually drive the 2 miles across
town to my nan's, as I'd always gone on the cyclepaths and across parks on my bike :lol:

Seems funny looking back, but suddenly having the freedom to drive where I wanted, when
I wanted, was amazing - plus there was the novelty of no longer needing to get 3 buses to
work! lol

And here I am now, looking forward to finishing work to go on maternity leave 13 weeks today Big Grin, and
not giving a second thought to jumping in any car, manual or auto, rhd or lhd, and driving
for hundreds of miles Smile

I still feel old tho!! :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Haha - was just talking to the dude in the tyre place about passing driving tests about an hour ago. Saying how much you were sh*tting yourself beforehand and then how happy afterwards! :lol:
VIN 7176
DOC 643
so true, i was so nervous i went the wrong way, failed to indicate at that roundabout because of it, i still passed and he said i was one of the best, either he knew i just had to calm down abit first or that just shows how bad the drivers are around here, lol.

On a side note i think since passing my driving test 8 years ago, ive only took about 2 busses! YAY for me Smile
DOC 527
Vin #10264
i remember spending old pennies Cry TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Hi Claire,

I passed in 1983, seat belts were not compulsary, I was advised to wear one JUST to impress the examiner!

happy days

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Darren C Wrote:Hi Claire,

I passed in 1983, seat belts were not compulsary, I was advised to wear one JUST to impress the examiner!

happy days

Regards
D

haha, yes, I remember that, because I remember giving my dad a bo****ing around that time for not wearing his after they became law!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
just thought i would add my pass date 30th june 1987 24 days after my 17th birthday i was driving my mum and dads morris 1000 round on country roads since i was 13.
cool crap car though
cheers Tyson
so you're coming up to 22yrs then Smile

I feel so much better now!! lol :lol:
hi

I passed in July 2000, so 9 years for me Sad

The test was less stress than the lessons, i seem to remember. i hated those lessons. Sad

I managed to get quite afew minors on the test, but not enough to fail Smile (although I thought i had - the sigh of relief was heard across Bolton "no more lessons! FFS")

Dave.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
lol - yeah, I used to have right grief off my instructor, cos she'd take me out in here nice new Micra, and dad would take me out in my clapped out Mini.

I'd get back in the Micra, make all sorts of cock ups, and Jeanette (my instructor) would say "oh for Gods sake, you've been driving that bloody Mini again havent you!!" :lol:

She banned me from driving the Mini in the weeks before my test so that I wouldnt make a hash of driving the Micra!! lol
I did my test in my mums old diesel 106 after failing in my instructors car because the stupid examiner jumped on the dual brake thinking I wasn't going to bother breaking for a roundabout :roll:
VIN: 6511