Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC-UK Summer Event - Chirk, Shropshire, 11-13 June 2010
Not really anything I can add that Claire has not done so, other than to thank (again) everyone who turned up, and for everyone who suported this event. Full report in the next magazine.
Really great chilled out weekend, and even managed to miss the rain (probably due to heading south) late this afternoon. Mind after the great weather the rest of the time can't complain :lol: Looking forward to next years events already.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
What an amazing weekend! It was great meeting old friends & making new ones. Great weather, the convoy through the mountains was brilliant, Can't wait for the next one!

Here are some pics, lots more to follow....

Friday Afternoon
[Image: 100_3895.jpg]

Saturday
[Image: 100_3901.jpg]

(Andy's Mint RHD Auto)
[Image: 100_3900.jpg]

(Mike & Mary's car)
[Image: 100_3903.jpg]

[Image: 100_3904.jpg]

[Image: 100_3905.jpg]

[Image: 100_3906.jpg]

[Image: 100_3909.jpg]

VIN 551...Restored and slightly customized)
[Image: 100_3911.jpg]

[Image: 100_3932.jpg]
DOC 116
VIN 6237
great photos Stuart - and great to meet you at long last and put a face to the name and the car - you still up for a bit of revenge at Santa Pod in July? :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Guinney1971 Wrote:great photos Stuart - and great to meet you at long last and put a face to the name and the car - you still up for a bit of revenge at Santa Pod in July? :wink:

lol....Your on! you know my car was weighed down with lots of stuff :wink: It was faster on the way home though Mr Green
DOC 116
VIN 6237
yeah yeah, whatever!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Everyone mentioned previously that worked towards this successful event: thank you, thank you, thank you!

The rain didn't cause problems for the Dutch group and we arrived safely at Harwich.
Took a countryside trail from Ipswich to Manningtree (fun to do with all the curves in the road).
Good night's rest at the ferry during a very smooth crossing.

I expect Mart and Daisy to have reached home about the same time I did reaching mine.
Not much traffic (probably caused by a lot of workers taking the day off for Holland-Danmark Smile ).

Hope to see y'all in the future at another scenery location somewhere on the British Isles.

Welmoed.
Welmoed

DCN #261
black VIN #6513 1981-11
Toyota Prius III 2009-07
Hi Welmoed, glad that you and Mart & Daisy got back ok, and really pleased you all enjoyed yourselves.

I remember Mart telling me about how nice the hills were, and a nice change as it is very flat in Holland.

Look forward to seeing you again soon Big Grin
Really nice pictures, thanks for sharing :wink:
What more can I add? A truly fabulous weekend!

It was great to meet up again with so many faces, I hope I got chance to speak (if only briefly) with everyone!

The weather was beautiful all weekend and the scenery spectacular. I have a handful of photos which I'll put up here as soon as I can

The hotel and facilities were excellent. There really was so much on offer to fit in the time we had, certainly scope for another trip.

Many thanks to all those who took the time and effort to organise the event, and all those who were able to attend.

So the question now is where to next? Mr Green
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
RichH Wrote:So the question now is where to next? Mr Green

well, I'd quite like to explore round the North Yorkshire Moors/Whitby area, some stunning places to see and there's also the famous steam railway too, as well as the famous Whitby Abbey, forever now associated with the Dracula story Big Grin

Also, the Lake District would be another stunning location, and another nice area is Dorset & the New Forest.

Suggestions welcome! Big Grin
Here's a link to the photo album I've done on Facebook - you should be able to see this even if you dont have a Facebook account:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 1157886492
Mary and I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. It was a excellent mix of the car, good company, brilliant drive through a spectacular area, slow boat to Trevor, good accomodation, food and drink, and to top it all a couple of entertaining speakers. It was excellent to see everyone again especially Dave Howarth who managed to make the trip.
Here is a link to my photos but it appears I have uploaded most twice and I cannot be bothered to delete the duplicates!!Did Andy make it home OK?

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/snapfishuk/t ... napfishuk/
Would like to thank every one for such a wonderful time and making us feel so welcome at our first Delorean meet. Lovely area to drive around and who arranged the weather just started to rain as we were getting home.
Also thanks to Welmoed for taking me for a ride in his car ,mind you he did wake me up by setting off the car alarms. May be next year we can return the favour.

Once again thanks for a fantastic time Brian and Jill
Thanks Mike, Mary, Chris, Claire & everyone who organised the event,
Here's some more pics.

[Image: 100_3929.jpg]

The 'video shoot' - more to follow...
[Image: 100_3918.jpg]

Sunday
[Image: 100_3939.jpg]

[Image: 100_3935.jpg]

[Image: 100_3941.jpg]

[Image: 100_3943.jpg]

[Image: 100_3944.jpg]

[Image: 100_3942.jpg]

After a sticky starter solenoid was diagnosed & promptly fixed, Andy and Binny were able to drive 'Auto' home Big Grin
[Image: 100_3946.jpg]

Caption Competition??
[Image: 100_3947.jpg]
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Just to add our thanks to the organisers for a most enjoyable weekend. Some brilliant photos there too which capture the weekend really well.

R 'n' R
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126