Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning Panels
A quick tip for anybody wanting something to clean the stainless but without the expense of 3M stainless polish, or the sticky residue left by baby oil....

Try WD40

I have been using it for sometime now and it leaves a nice even finish, doesn't attract insects, minimises finger prints and a tin goes a -long- way
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
So long as you dont scrub against the grain eh Rich? :lol:

[Image: 023.jpg]
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Sounds like worth a try and I do love that smell...

how about WD40 as an aftershave?? ha ha Shock

I have used the Lakeland Kitchen stainless steel cleaner as it's just as good as 3m stuff but £5 a can and it does the car 3 times.

Anything is worth a go.

NickT.
NickT Wrote:I have used the Lakeland Kitchen stainless steel cleaner as it's just as good as 3m stuff but £5 a can and it does the car 3 times.

NickT.

In that case your can will last till 2010 then Big Grin

Only jesting ..
RichH Wrote:A quick tip for anybody wanting something to clean the stainless but without the expense of 3M stainless polish, or the sticky residue left by baby oil....

Try WD40

I have been using it for sometime now and it leaves a nice even finish, doesn't attract insects, minimises finger prints and a tin goes a -long- way

What with helium filled tyres and now WD40 to get you into a slipstream, i am getting seriously left behind now..... Big Grin

It makes a nice job thou, i will have to give it a go.
A can of our stainless care spray applied liberally in a cool, shaded place avec scotchbrite pad* (with the grain) and followed by mucho buffing with a soft cloth results in a magnifique finish.

And sore shoulders.

(* Said car was covered in tree sap)
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
bozzzydmc Wrote:
NickT Wrote:I have used the Lakeland Kitchen stainless steel cleaner as it's just as good as 3m stuff but £5 a can and it does the car 3 times.

NickT.

In that case your can will last till 2010 then Big Grin

Only jesting ..

Cheeky. I can't see you leaving your car 20 minutes before you clean it again !

Lakeland stuff you just spray on, leave overnight then wipe off with paper towel job done. keep the baby oil and WD40 for other uses Shock yes, keeping your tools clean.........

NickT.
Tried WD40 on mine the other day - looks ace - good tip!