Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water Pump.
Hi all. I havnt posted much lately, and im sure ive left this a little too late, but can does anyone like replacing water pumps? And if so, would you like to help me do mine so I can go to Norfolk in my D?
Im also going to need a battery or a battery charge. Mines gone flat with the car been stood for a year!
Can anyone help? :oops:
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
if i were near i would be round like a shot mate, but 3 bolts a sensor and pulley pushed on, putting the hoses on is the worst bit. But i find putting one in first and struggling with the other is the way to go good luck mate TT Big Grin
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Ditto mate. Your at the wrong (cold) end of the country! I'm sure the northern lot will help out
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
im running a type 065 in my de about £40 but you have to change the terminals TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Tourettes Tony Wrote:im running a type 065 in my de about £40 but you have to change the terminals TT
Any Idea where to get Top post to side terminal wire adaptors from in UK?
not sure, i just butchered mine and stuck them on the battery :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOSS-AUDIO-GOLD-C ... otohosting

Likewise i just cut the ends off and put these on ...great for connecting things directly to the battery like amps etc... In my view your just limiting the type of battery you can get in the UK by keeping the US terminals

[Image: bt4p.jpg]
True.
Thanks guys. I'll go and change the terminals and battery instead of keeping the AMerican side post version. But for now a quick remedy is needed.
I'll butcher it like Tony ! Wink lol
battery,i just bought the standard terminals and you can bolt them to the ones on the car to save cutting.
Halfrauds, Maplin etc.

Steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Ahhh good idea! Smile
Just need a wonderful person to help me with the pump now Smile
:oops:
i think Dave h has them paul TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
we could probably help, but it wont be until after next weekend tho as we're getting our cars
ready for Evesham.

Have the docs given you the ok to drive again? Smile Fab news if they have Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Oh i thought he was after a pump (story of my life that :lol: ) TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Birksie Wrote:Ahhh good idea! Smile
Just need a wonderful person to help me with the pump now Smile
:oops:

If you mentioned it a lot earlier I would have been able to help but I will be spending between now and EuroTec doing jobs on my own car and giving it final shake downs ready for the rolling road.........

Have you actually got the parts?? I may be able to help after EuroTec but I would have to see.
If not and it's not too late maybe ask Ed to bring spares with you.

Good luck, hope the leg is feeling better.

NickT
Cheers Nick.
I have the parts. Bought them from Ed when we visited him last.
Chances are im not going to get it done in time. I need to sort the pump out, charge the battery and sort the onboard computer out. On top of that, she needs a BLOODY good clean. 1 Years worth of filth......THEN.....heh, not to forget the good old MOT and TAX!
Pfff. This years eurotec has come around too quick! Ive only just found out today from the DVLA that I CAN drive until they say otherwise (about my seizures a year ago). So im back on the road!
But no D :^(

2 Eurotecs ive missed because of one ar****le running over my foot. Cry :evil: