Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleetwood 'Tram Sunday' 19th July
Confirmation that the second 'North West' event is going ahead this year.

http://www.fleetwoodtransportfestival.co.uk/

John C
A qucik call out to those of you interested in attended (Scott ?) there appears to have been some issues with not all of the applications being processed.

I've contacted the organiser, I have 3 places booked (seemingly the only DeLoreans registered), but they seem willing to try and work past the applications problems.

Can I have a quick show of hands for anyone else, so I can let them know before Thursday.

The three so far are all 'local'...... but Claire/Phil and potentially Rich are checking their schedules.

John C
put me down
John, we'll deffo be there - might only have Flopsy tho, depends if Sorbet will be here or
at PJ Grady by then. Will try and rustle up a few more of the 'East Midlands Massive' to
support this event too - about time Mike Henfrey put a few more miles on his car :wink:
Maybe even Chrispy could give '510' an outing too ?

See you soon John,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
For those of you who plan on attending in your cars:

The 1st meeting place will be the service station on the M6 'Charnock Richard' between j27 an j28) at about 7:30.

This is your last chance for a comfort break if you're coming from the South (Burger King and KFC).

From there well travel in a mini-convoy to the M55 J3 (Fleetwood), about 200 yards toward Fleetwood on the right is a pub called the Blue Anchor. DaveH (and probably Scott Miller) will meet us there at ~08:00.

The show closes at ~16:30, and if you like we could try and get a bite to eat at this pub on the way home?
John

Have replied to your email and I've got your phone number now too, so all being well,
we'll see you in Fleetwood in the morning.

Cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
On behalf of Phill and I, we'd like to thank John Chapelhow for sorting out today's meet up in
Fleetwood, we really enjoyed ourselves and had a great day out. Even Flopsy behaved herself
and did the 300 mile round trip without any problems at all Big Grin

It was great to see Dave Howarth in WIA (ex John Taylor RHD), the car looks great and Dave
was obviously enjoying himself. Great too to see Tony Openshaw again and also good to finally
meet Scott Miller (& Family) and have a good look at his really nice LHD, which is only about 100vins away
from Flopsy.

The day was topped off by plaques handed out by the widow of the late Fred Dibnah, and then
us all stopping for a pub meal on the way back to the motorway.

A top day out, with great weather too! Roll on Fleetwood 2010 Big Grin

[Image: DSCF0001.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0017-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0018-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0022-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0008.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0009.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0010.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0013.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0014.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0006.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0003.jpg]