Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thermo-Time Switch
Hi All,

Had some issues with cold starting and its been narrowed down to the thermo-time switch/heater in the water pump.

However I have a bigger problem in that cannot get another one. Tried a Bosch distributor in romford for the code 0 280 130 214. But apparently do no stock it anywhere. Any ideas?

Would like to get it in the UK to save time so can put it in at the weekend.

Many thanks

Richard
Richard Milliken
DOC 417
Vin #10163.

Kevin Milliken

[Image: Signa-1.jpg]
If the contact points in the thermo time switch have gone short, best to disconnect the blue electrical connector from the cold start valve to prevent it overfuelling.

NickT
Are you *sure* it's down to the thermo time switch? Or have you just exhausted all other posibilities and decided it must be that?

The reason i say this is that I know at least four cars that start perfectly well without it connected at all. And I suspect anyone disconnecting theirs will find their car starts fine without it too...

However, in answer to your question, no I cant think of any sources other than local Bosch dealers.
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
are they on the volvo's are blanked off TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Hi guys,

Thanks for you help. I ordered one from Ed, if its not that I have another item for stock lol.

I will be looking over the whole lot and disgnosing each part to make sure I haven't made a silly mistake etc. Slowly getting there...

Thanks again

Richard
Richard Milliken
DOC 417
Vin #10163.

Kevin Milliken

[Image: Signa-1.jpg]
dont forget richard if your not sure about whats wrong, drive it break down then you will know what it is, problem solved Big Grin TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor