Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean Owners Association
I would like to correct the statement made by someone on page 6 in the current edition of DeLorean News. The last paragrapgh of the DeLorean Owners Club (UK) AGM minutes state;
'It was advised that there have been problems with the DeLorean Owners Association based in the USA, and that it was now folding following on from the sad death of founder John Truscott.'

This is not true. Joan Truscott (John's widow) is now the membership secretary of the Association. The latest edition of DeLorean World (edited by Association President Ken Baker) has some very stylish and informative articles. The next Board meeting of the Association wil be held this coming Sunday and 'folding' is definately not on the agenda!

Robert Lamrock
Chapter Director - Ireland
DeLorean Owners Association
www.deloreanowners.org
Thanks for posting that Robert, It did come as a shock to me to read that from the DOC club minutes!

Perhaps someone from the Ccub could advise where this information came from ?
Robert,
Thank you for the update on the DOA, glad to hear that it is in full swing. I am sure that Phil Peters will include something in the next magazine to keep DOC members informed that all is well with the Association.
Best Wishes for 2009
Mary and Mike Hooper
No problem at all Big Grin

Best wishes,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo