Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car transporting services in West Midlands
Hi all,

I need to collect a Pug 306 parts car from Dudley (DY4) and move it to my family home near Wolverhampton (WV5). Probably about 10 miles door to door. The car apparently starts and drives but the battery is dead. Not sure about tax and/or MOT either so I think it's fair to say it's currently a non-runner.

Can anyone recommend a cheap car transporter service in the West Midlands area?

Cheers,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Hi Phil,

Most scrappies will pick it up for free! :lol:

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Hi Phil

i do have a name of a chap i use, will have to look for the number though.

if you can get it driving ok, technically you can book in for an MOT, and drive without MOT there and back.

so say book in at Seisdon, drive to your parents then cancel the appointment. If caught cops may check if booked in on the journey.!
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
steve.s Wrote:Hi Phil

i do have a name of a chap i use, will have to look for the number though.

if you can get it driving ok, technically you can book in for an MOT, and drive without MOT there and back.

so say book in at Seisdon, drive to your parents then cancel the appointment. If caught cops may check if booked in on the journey.!

technically you need tax to to drive it on the road - even if towing. however the law is grey in this area....an MOT doesnt make the car road worthy. You can still get pulled for driving a unroadworthy vehicle regardless of the MOT situation (tyres, brakes etc all fall into drivers responsibility...)

hope this helps - my brother drove his car for months without an MOT as he got the years mixed up :?:
Hi

true but as far as i am aware you can drive to the MOT station without tax, as you cannot tax without an MOT.
you can also drive a failed MOT car to and from a place for repairs.

of course all cars on the road are meant to be roadworthy.

i have driven lots or cars back from ports (from Japan) without plates, MOT and Tax, and have been pulled over.
Cops were happy when shown paperwork, but car must be insured.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
i know a few yellow vans around by you if needed phill
Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. In the end a mate of mine put me in contact with a local chap who had a tilt and slide truck who was able to do the job at 9am on Saturday which suited me fine. He dropped the car off in the carpark of The Bell pub next door and I just whacked a spare battery on it and drove it up the the driveway. Another car to rip apart over the Xmas break :twisted:

Cheers,

Phil
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Hi Phill,

Does this one happen to have a bosch injection pump?
VIN: 6511
Hi Dan,

Yes it does! :wink: Finally I can do the old switcheroo and get this Lucas pump swapped off my car.

Cheers,

Phil
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo