Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flopsy numberplate?
Hi All,

been thinking for a long time about this, especially as F10PSY is for sale at an out of reach
£10k by Regtransfers - apparantly it was sold at a DVLA auction for a fraction of that :roll:

Anyways, whilst I know that any new number will never be able to go on my De (or any of
my other cars right now), there is a number I'm thinking of getting next year and keeping
on retention until the day comes that I can use it Smile

FL09PSY - or a variation of, ie FL09SYD, or FL09SEY, summat like that.

It would be sods law that if I dont buy it, the number when it is issued will be given to my company though
to put on a new Mercedes commercial vehicle, as one of our company Vito Travelliners has
FL08SEY! lol :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Sometimes you can get a bargain by making an offer for a specific plate through a number of the registration or reg-transfer websites.

I wanted M30 BBO for my pickup (with a conveniently placed screw it looked like M30 BBQ (my business The Mediterranean BBQ Co. website medbbq.co.uk) it was originally on for £495 I e-mailed an offer of £150 and having forgotten all about it a week later I got an e-mail saying my offer had been accepted.

Don't be afraid to haggle the reg companies have ludicrous mark-ups on some of those registrations

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
i want one with L8 TEX TT Big Grin
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
JamesRGUK Wrote:Sometimes you can get a bargain by making an offer for a specific plate through a number of the registration or reg-transfer websites.

I wanted M30 BBO for my pickup (with a conveniently placed screw it looked like M30 BBQ (my business The Mediterranean BBQ Co. website medbbq.co.uk) it was originally on for £495 I e-mailed an offer of £150 and having forgotten all about it a week later I got an e-mail saying my offer had been accepted.

Don't be afraid to haggle the reg companies have ludicrous mark-ups on some of those registrations

James

hi James,

I'd be looking at buying it directly from the DVLA, which is always cheaper then Regtransfers, et al Smile

They often stick around £200 on top of the price that DVLA charge, then also add on the £80
transfer fee - which is included in the DVLA price anyway! (robbing b'stards!! lol)

I'm also looking into plates for Eric Da Shed and Skippy too - they are L reg cars, so I'll have a bit more choice Smile
Why not grab F18PSY instead?

£590 at DVLA, newreg claim to be cheaper than DVLA, and say £443.
Rich J
ah, thats not a bad idea, I'll have a look at that Smile

Cheers dude!
Speaking of number-plates. I have had 83 DMC on with dealer for some time. ( they have got it on at about £6.75K. They have offered to "return to me" £5.5K, but to be honest I'd sooner it went to a club member, for the nett price! So if anyone wants it, its yours for £5k.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
That's a bloody good price for that Chris, if I had 5K spare, I'd be first to nab that.........

Obviously it would suit 83' DeLoreans rather than the earlier ones. But as it's ageless, it can go on anything.
Likewise if my car was an '83 ... i would dip into my limited savings and deminished inheritance Wink
Shock my god, you lot really have got far too much money!! lol

Mind you, I did spot A5TRA for sale in Regtransfers catalogue.......... only £23,500!!! :roll:
Maybe that registration will be more suited to someone who works for the satellite network Astra as apposed to a £2k car.
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Birksie Wrote:Maybe that registration will be more suited to someone who works for the satellite network Astra as apposed to a £2k car.

£2k? Shock You havent seen the limited edition Astra VXR Nurburgring then :wink:
OK £3k then Wink
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
£5k is that all ! That's beer money for a week.

Hang on, I can't live without beer !!!!

NickT