Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rekindling my Delorean friendship
Hello everyone

Haven't been about much due to getting married and extensive house renovations but I plan to be on more now. 2835 is still for sale and I have traced the starting problem to the reconditioned starting motor solenoid not energising. On my way through the wiring I found coroded terminals which have been cleaned up which may improve the performance of the car a bit. Am looking for around £13k for it should you know anyone interested, especially with the improved Euro exchange rate. My plan is to focus my attentions on 2456 in the faint hope it can be working in some form for Eurotec. I know not as many are going this year, especially with Alistair selling P25 (gutted and shocked) but I am taking my new Mrs with me on a Delorean adventure. 2835 was used to film links for a Neon Neon article on Belfast Community Television. This is to be shown on www.nvtv.co.uk on Tuesday with the presenter being from Alternative Ulster magazine. Good to see Pilot 19 on its way to Grady's as well. Hope to see you all soon.

Matthew
Follow my Restoration Progress at http://www.project2456.co.uk
VIN 2456, 2835
DOC 621
Hi Mathew, welcome back to the forum Big Grin 13K for Vin 2835 is an absolute bargain in my opinion!

Are you still planning on doing a frame off on your other car? I am in the process of doing mine at the moment and am glad I am because lots of the chassis that looked good, when you chip off the epoxy its got rust forming underneath.

Congratulations on getting married too.
VIN: 6511
Thanks Dan

It is a bargain mate. I don't really want to sell it but 2 is just greedy lol. I have spent a fortune on the house as well which has strained finances some what, coupled with what 2456 will need to make it a car I can enjoy for the rest of my days. A frame off is included in that plan as every frame off I have heard of has exposed substantial chassis rust which was not visible before.
Follow my Restoration Progress at http://www.project2456.co.uk
VIN 2456, 2835
DOC 621
I really recommend doing it after seeing what mine was like. Its not actually very hard to do either. I stripped mine off and down to the bare frame all by myself.
VIN: 6511
Welcome back Matt

Your a good guy

Al