Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric DeLorean
This has probably been posted before, but its a first for me.....
http://uk.youtube.com/user/drdhdmd
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Hi Paul

I was taken for a short spin in this car in Gettysburg at the DCS in June. There was also a other Electric car at the show also.

The way things are going, this is the way forward for all cars.
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
Well, I can fully understand why Neal. Before my accident I was using my D on a daily basis. This was a 14 Mile a day round trip (7 There, 7 Back) to work and back. I was paying about £90p/w in fuel.

One particular week I started visiting an old friend after work. They didnt live a few miles away, and yet I had run up fuel costs of £120 in ONE WEEK! Not good. So yeah, im all up for the economy aspect, but damn, an electric car doesnt sound like a V6 at all does it? :lol:

How was the ride by the way?
Would you do that to a DeLorean?
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
There was a bit of a lift, when he put his foot down. and it was very smooth.
No I dont think I would, if I owned a Delorean.
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
Hydrogen is the future. Luckily, there are hydrogen converstion kits avaliable for cars even now, so in the future when it replaces fuel I'm sure there will be a way to convert the DeLoreans.

The dream shall live on!
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Money in the DMC fund: £412 aprox. - Target: £15,000
Even in a hundred years time there will be oil around to run our old cars so I don't think we have any worries. You can grow the stuff like they do in Brazil. Running daily commuter cars on alternatives is a sensible idea though.
VIN: 6511
electric is good, but battery technology is poor at the moment.

you can buy all the parts to convert pretty much any car, but the range is always poor.

i've always wondered what do you do if you are stuck in traffic (radio, lights etc) and you chew your batteries?.

slightly off topic, but what annoys me is how every bashed Clive Sinclair, a brilliant man and introduced many electronics every uses (calculators, watches, computers etc, and he was right with electric powered cars, just the wrong time.
there is a battery car, that is very much the same as the C5 (i drove one in Painton in 1985)
why do the british public/press love it when a good idea fails??
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
I agree ... I just believe he was 20 years too early ... another real shame .
Flux Capacitor Wrote:Hydrogen is the future.

It's just another form of energy storage, like a battery. It has some advantages over batteries right now, but other forms of storage have more development potential.
Rob Williams
DOC 475
VIN 17152