Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel pump supply fault for starting?
Morning!
For some reason Frenchy has decided not to start! Drove her 2 weeks ago, and all's very well, but today.....!?

All seems well, apart from no firing....

Forced fuel pump to run to see if I could hear it, but I couldn't, so i tested it at its own connectors and it's only getting approx. 1.3volts!
Mmmm...
Any suggestions - anyone been here before?

Thanks,
Mat
DOC 100
DOC 100 Vin#3866 Ashington, West Sussex
Do you get a 12 v supply at the pump when your turning the car over ( Purple wire) ? If you do get a 12V supply, then move the multimeter to the negative side of the pump. If you get low or no voltage, then it could be the the inertia switch.

You could 'link' out the inertia switch out temporarily or just take a ground wire from the pump to a good ground to see if this has given up on you ?

Presumably all fuses are ok in particular fuse 7 and 1 ?

http://www.dmctalk.com/attachment.php?a ... 1192598004

(Hence the reason why we temporaliy jump 87 and 30 terminals to get fuel pump power )
Matt,

I bet its a poor ground.

Al
Smile
Guys, thanks for your help....
And you're right, grounding...the black wire from the fuel pump is not grounding somewhere like it should be.

It's taken a few days to get here...lots of testing....but during the process, a loose black wire that was conveniently 'hanging around' loosely in the vicinity of the fuel pump/sender and that I had previously ignored has become the new negative/ground for the fuel pump.

All's well!

Now I have noticed that the inertia switch has been bypassed! In the research for this I see that I really should have an updated inertia switch to be relocated on the left wall a few inches away....(DMC service bulletin)

Thanks again, Mat and Frenchy.
DOC 100 Vin#3866 Ashington, West Sussex
Thats cool Mat.. pleased you have resolved that dime-ella Wink

Which reminds me... I must relocate my inertia switch sometime..... :roll: