Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weights on the Del's front wheels?
This is a random question. But do the DeLoreans have weights on the front wheels?

As far as I know I thought the only weights that were put on wheels was the balance them when a new tyre is fitted. However, a member on another forum I'm on is claiming that weights were added to counter balance the weight of the engine? Surely that's just wrong?
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
MikeWard Wrote:This is a random question. But do the DeLoreans have weights on the front wheels?

As far as I know I thought the only weights that were put on wheels was the balance them when a new tyre is fitted. However, a member on another forum I'm on is claiming that weights were added to counter balance the weight of the engine? Surely that's just wrong?

Counter balance the weight of the engine??? Oh ...so i am missing engine size weights on my front wheels then ?? Smile Smile

Weights are put on wheels to balance them and prevent vibration so yes normally with a new tyre but with gradual tyre wear they could need doing again....
:lol: That's what I thought when the guy said it. I was like, are you serious? :lol:
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Ha Ha :lol: :lol:

You could always top up your washer bottle to add weight at the front, and remember to keep your ashtray empty at the rear of your console! :wink:

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Or put 2 bags of sand under the bonnet (which to me is at the front :wink: ) and try and park :roll: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor