Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGS Broke Down, Fuel pump needed.
Well I am now officialy a proper delorean owner now I have experienced a breakdown on the way home from norfolk.

The questionmark hose split and dropped off the fuel pump and the pump then sucked up a bit of the rubber off the hose and promptly siezed up. So now I am after a new fuel pump. It has the external check valve. Does anyone have any spares they are willing to sell, or can anyone recomend a place to get them at not stupid money?

Many thanks,
Dan
VIN: 6511
Ed Uding

I have some bits on the way, but he may have shipped them already....if he hasnt I could get one added on?

Al
alistair iv just noticed, have you got 2 cars? TT ps good night last night.
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Two cars yes..two DeLoreans no!

It says Ex Vin 11766

Yes it was mate, roll on the next time....drive in movie at Caley Hall...your dvd player and your sound system.....Golden Virginia.......!!

A
I just looked on Ed's site. 100 euro so 80 quid ish. I doubt they are any cheaper in a local motor factors? If it could be added to the order that would be great and I'll nip down and get it off you and give you the cash? If its too late I'll probably order one anyway if no one int club has one.

Dan
I'll ask Ed tomorrow and let you know, I think you can source one in the UK but not for a lot cheaper....plus its good to keep Ed busy!

Al
Cheers mate. I'm just so relieved it didn't go when I was in the middle of Amsterdam the other week Shock
Sorry to hear that Dan. I hope you physically got the car home safely via a transporter or the like......

Bloody typical after such a good weekend too isn't it?

Anyway, I've got an MOT on Monday...... Sad

Keep us all posted on how you get on mate.....

Ben
A Van Wrote:Two cars yes..two DeLoreans no!

It says Ex Vin 11766

Yes it was mate, roll on the next time....drive in movie at Caley Hall...your dvd player and your sound system.....Golden Virginia.......!!

A

oh yes what a penis i am lol tt
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Hi

i doubt you will get better than £80 ish

my first one i paid seventy something, the last one £100 ish (needed quick)

now i had trouble with the fuel feed line, i had a specialTauto banjo which seemed too short.

so when fitted, blew the ful line off, and pumped fuel around tank and under car, a very scary moment.
so now i have bought the propper banjo with racing screw thread fittings which is 100 times better.

the weak point now is where the flexi line hits the hard fuel line, as i have undon the 80's nuts but the end of the old line will not come off.

therefore i petrol pipe clipped onto the long barbs left.

the whole thing is not a nice job, messing with petrol, and having your D's tank open.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Hi Dan

Spoke to Ed, your in luck..my order should ship tomorrow, couple of bits were delayed from US.

He has added a fuel pump to it, I'll let you know when it arrives.

Al
I say Tony, do you rekon' it caught Aids' off my car through them jump leads, when we were tryin' to get mine started on Saturday!!
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
Thanks Alastair thats great, give us a ring or PM when it arived and ill nip over. Be interesting to see your D too.

Julian I assume you got home ok without anymore glitches then? I thought it was just Tony's car that had aids...
I have a bone to pick with TT...., Julian will remember this and Lisa..

Conversation Sat morning about Rillington Place as we were having breakfast, TT goes to use internet and declares Dr Crippin as correct...

Well I beg to differ, as I did at the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10_Rillington_Place

It was John Reginald Halliday Christie

Crippin?...Did he ballacks..!

Al
you are correct al, but did you know he had aids as well lol TT x
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor