Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check out this classic car!
I saw this on the side of the road and took a pic coz its rare and looks cool, no idea what it is, though!

[Image: DSC00276.jpg]
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Money in the DMC fund: £412 aprox. - Target: £15,000
Looks like a Wolseley 14/56 around 1940's

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
I agree, it does look like Wolseley badge on the front :wink:
just HPI'd it:

Comes up as a Cream Wolselely 3499cc petrol saloon, 4 owners from new, used to be blue
(colour changed with DVLA on 26/07/1994), current keeper change July 2006, date of first
registration in the UK 4 February 1939.

It doesnt give the model type unfortunately.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Only 4 owners since 1939!! :o My D has 3 previous owners and was only registered in 1998!!
VIN: 6511
Hi Dan,

P & A wood had a 1911 Silver Ghost for sale a couple of years ago with ONE owner from new! The guy died in his late 90's and the family kept the car in storage without re-registering the keeper for several years... Oh the best bit... it had around 2000 miles on the clock from new Shock

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Dan1986 Wrote:Only 4 owners since 1939!! :o My D has 3 previous owners and was only registered in 1998!!

Thats interesting Dan.. whats the story behind the registration matey?
Interesting? It was registered in 1998 in this country becuase thats when it was... Of course it was registered in 1981 is the US :wink: but I don't know how many owners it had there. I just meant that its had almost as many owners in 10 years as that wolseley has had since before the war!!

Wow thats an interesting story Darren! That car must be worth stupid amounts of money. Was it in good condition still or did the storage deteriorate it?
Dan, your car was indeed first registered by Mark Bourne around 1998 after being rebuilt
having been imported by someone else in the early 90's.

When Dave had it, I did a Carfax report, which Dave may have given to Jonathan - did
you get a copy of it? Its abit like a HPI report for America. I know your car was registered
new to a guy in Stockton CA, but cant remember what happened to it from there. I did
write to the first owner years ago, plus the DOMV in Sacremento. DOMV in Sacremento didnt
hold records going back to 1981, and I never got a reply to my letter to the guy in Stockton.
Oh right got you now ..you meant UK registration ..
I have the carfax report claire, along with a print of an email from you to the carfax people about a problem paying with your credit card :wink:

The guy in stockton is the only person I know about, I had thought of writing to him actualy or getting his number perhaps. It was registered in texas as well at one point. Does anyone know if state registration offices keep records of old titles? It would be nice to have a copy of its original title.
lol - the credit card problem was because it was a UK credit card that the Carfax computer
couldnt accept - so we ended up getting the report for free! Big Grin

I never got a reply from the guy in Stockton (was it Mr Massey?), one can only assume he's
either moved address or deceased.

I remember writing to DOMV in Kentucky about Flopsy, and they had no records either.

You could try DOMV in Texas (not sure where they are based) to see if they have any info,
but they may not have any records now, not only due to the timescales, but also the sheer
number of cars tha must pass through the various US DOMV's each year.