Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P J Grady Europe?
Has anyone had any dealings with P J Grady Europe?

When I used to visit regularly there were a lot more sections on the forum and I believe there were some topics on P J Grady, however these sections have been removed for non paying members.

I am reaching the point where I am finally in a position to be able to buy a Del, I shot P J Grady an email early this morning, does anyone know how long they usually take to respond?

Additionally, if anyone has purchased a Del through them if you could share your experience it would be appreciated.

Once I have bought a Del I will be reinstating my membership with the club Smile
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Hi
A lot of DeLorean owners in the UK (and Europe) have dealt with Darren & Chris and as far as I know have been more than happy with the service that they provide. (including myself) I'm sure as a reputable company they would stand by you should you have any issues as well. As you had noticed a lot of the forum has been restricted to DOC members only, However one of the benefits of membership is 10% discount on Labour with P.J Grady's, along with Insurance discounts. So using both would soon cover the £25.00 membership fee.
I'm sure Darren or Chris will be in touch soon, there probably just very busy.
Hope this helps.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Just to echo ChrisW's comments above, and going by my own personal experiences with vendors in the past, I would have no hesitation in recommending PJ Grady's services to anyone considering buying a DeLorean or having one worked on. I will only trust them with my DeLorean in future if it needs major work doing that we cannot do ourselves.

I have had no problems or issues at all with their service, levels of workmanship and overall professionalism and I have also heard nothing but praise for them from everyone I've spoken to who have used them.

Chris and Darren are great guys to deal with, and like ChrisW says, if they havent come back straight away, its probably because they are quite busy with cars in the workshop.

Regards,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi mike aswell just to eco the other members i brought my delorean from the guys about 14 months ago havn't had any problems with it and it flew through its last mot last month with a couple of minimal things to do to it about 1hours work the body work was crisp and the engine runs real sweet couple of great lads.
kind regard and good luck with the delorean Tyson.
Thank's guys, all the positive comments can only be a good thing Smile
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
hi

just to add, Darren and Chris have worked on mine.

They are not like 'normal' garages....they will go out of their way to get your car fixed/restored/back on the road.
they do not say awww...it'll cost you! like most places!.

in fact, i know they have given parts to members for free!, and they sorted some things on mine, like door strikers that were split for nothing.

they will go out their way to make sure they are happy with your D, so i recommended them, and their costs are very reasonable. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

i would only use Chris and Darren on my D and no other garage, and it is rare for me to recommend any garage hence i try to do alot of my own work including my 07 plate picasso (have you ever been to a citroen dealer!!! :oops: )
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Well, it looks as though they may have a couple in, although one may already be sold, but Chris is going to send me some details on them. Smile
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
cool, keep us posted Mike Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Unfortunately the cars that P J Grady have in at the moment are a combination or not the right model I am after (i.e. flat bonnet etc) and I’m not quite there with my savings yet.

Another option I could look at is importing one from the states, however I have completely no clue as how to go about this. I have checked the importing guide on the site however this looks to be out of date and the link at the bottom is now dead.

If anyone has imported a Del recently, could you let me know what is involved and also what changes need to be made to have the Del pass a UK MOT.
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Hi Mike,

Different cars come in and out fairly regularly - so I'll keep my eyes open for one that suits you.

The best investment you can make right now would be to sign up for DOC membership - and read up on importing, etc in the other sections...I think it's pretty much covered within this forum.

The going rate for good quality DeLoreans today isn't much less than £17k. Most that are sold for less than that go to people who are mechanicially minded and/or have a big or of a 'war-chest' for buying all the parts, etc needed to get the car up and running again.

Good luck anyway - and shout if you need any help or advice...

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Hi Mike,

Different cars come in and out fairly regularly - so I'll keep my eyes open for one that suits you.

The best investment you can make right now would be to sign up for DOC membership - and read up on importing, etc in the other sections...I think it's pretty much covered within this forum.

The going rate for good quality DeLoreans today isn't much less than £17k. Most that are sold for less than that go to people who are mechanicially minded and/or have a big or of a 'war-chest' for buying all the parts, etc needed to get the car up and running again.

Darren

Thanks Darren,

Below is my wishlist which I emailed Chris, this is essentially how I’d want me Del to be:

1981/1982 DeLorean with grooved bonnet (No gas flap)
Manual gearbox
Grey interior
Thin side stripes
No stainless steel “DMC” lettering on the door footwells or on the “DeLorean” recess on the bumper, and no “DeLorean” badge on the bonnet (I know some owners have added this the bottom right of the bonnet)

I’d also like it to be as stock as possible, original stereo etc. The only modifications I would like done would be whatever is required to get the car to pass an MOT and the main problem areas.

If you could you keep an eye out if one comes along that meets the above that would be great.

I estimate it will be around the end of November before I will have £17k.

Thanks,
Mike
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Hi Mike,

You have great taste Mike!

Love your list of want's.

Good luck

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
oh well that counts mine out, i have thick black side stripes :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
hi

the thin grey stripes occasionally come up on ebay, oem. might be worth buying if you see as D's with them are pretty rare, and once they are damaged etc
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
MikeWard Wrote:
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Hi Mike,

Darren

Thanks Darren,

Below is my wishlist which I emailed Chris, this is essentially how I’d want me Del to be:

1981/1982 DeLorean with grooved bonnet (No gas flap)
Manual gearbox
Grey interior
Thin side stripes
No stainless steel “DMC” lettering on the door footwells or on the “DeLorean” recess on the bumper, and no “DeLorean” badge on the bonnet (I know some owners have added this the bottom right of the bonnet)

I’d also like it to be as stock as possible, original stereo etc. The only modifications I would like done would be whatever is required to get the car to pass an MOT and the main problem areas.

If you could you keep an eye out if one comes along that meets the above that would be great.

I estimate it will be around the end of November before I will have £17k.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike wrote
and no “DeLorean” badge on the bonnet (I know some owners have added this the bottom right of the bonnet)

The Delorean Badge was put on 82 cars in the Factory. The DMC lettering was done After the cars were shipped, at the QAC or Dealers. as a option
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.