Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC2 tomorrow night.... ????
Hi all,

not sure for deffo if we'll be on, but tomorrow night BBC2 (and Radio 2) are covering the Mercury Music Awards from London's Grosvenor House Hotel on Park Lane Big Grin

Phill and I are chauffeuring Neon Neon members Gruff Rhys and Boom Bip to the red carpet in Flopsy and Sorbet, and need to wait whilst photos are taken and they pose for TV, before going into the event. Their album, Stainless Style, has been nominated for the Mercury Music Album prize Smile

Not sure if we will be on TV or not, as we are dropping them off around 6.30pm, but we'll have the video set just in case! Smile Hopefully though, the sight of 2 DeLorean's will cause a bit more of a stir then the usual stretched limo brigade :wink:

Cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
nice news can,t wait to see it of it happens
Hiya,

well yesterday was a total blast!!! Big Grin

Shame about the weather though Sad

We set off for London at lunchtime, and we were in position in Park Street W1 in plenty of time. Just as well, as coming down Park Lane, Plod decided to pull me over as their ANPR reckoned I didnt have an MOT!!!! :roll: After pointing out that I had a brand new tax disc in the window which meant that I must have an MOT - and telling them where, when and the phone number of the MOT station, they let us go.

Ben from the record company met up with us, and told us what was required - drive up to the hotel, pick up Gruff and Brian (aka Boom Bip), then drive them up the road and into the 'red carpet area'. Fairenoughski.

So, at about 5.10pm, off we set, and wait for them. Gruff got in Phill's car, and Brian in mine. We chatted about the event and stuff, and Brian complimented on what a nice car I've got ( Big Grin ), then it was ready for the off!

I've never seen anything like it upon pulling into the back of the hotel - a sea of photographers and reporters all shouting for them to pose for the cameras with the cars, it was brilliant! Suddenly, it was all over, and time for Phill and I to leave. We drove out of the red carpet area, and out on to Park Street, to head back home. But as you can imagine, at 5.20pm, the London rush hour is in full swing, and it took us nearly an hour to get to the A1 at Borehamwood Shock

Flopsy, performed faultlessly (current faults aside! lol), and even managed a respectable 24mpg, which is brilliant considering she used to average 17mpg Big Grin

Pics below - unfortunately the one I took of them coming out of the hotel is a bit blurry Sad

I'm so glad I cleaned the car Monday night......

[Image: P090908_1230.jpg]

Parked up waiting to fetch Gruff and Brian:

[Image: P090908_154801.jpg]

[Image: P090908_154802.jpg]

Blurry shot Sad

[Image: P090908_1712.jpg]

Professional shot (with Sorbet just behind them)

[Image: _45002826_neon_gettypicgall5.jpg]
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7607144.stm

Picture 2. recognise those louvres?!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
yeah, as per the piccy I put in my load Rich! lol

Thats Sorbet sneaking into view :lol:
Looks like you had a great time Big Grin

All good publicity for the D.

NickT
Cool pics, added to my collection!

Why has your D doing 17mpg before, though?
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Money in the DMC fund: £412 aprox. - Target: £15,000
see the post in the Fuel/Emissions section about fuel venturis that I started and all will be revealed!!
Cant get into it coz I havent joined yet!!!

Heres a question, though, when I join (I will try to ask my mum this weekend or next) can I send the form and a cheque (for the first £25) through post?
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
yes, thats no problem at all.

If you send it to Chris Williams, he will sort out your membership pack.

Chris sends me the cheques and accounts once a month for me to go through and bank, so
just let your mum know that the cheque probably wont be banked until the first week of
October by the time I receive it (and the others) from Chris.

Regards
Cool! Smile
Quote:yeah, as per the piccy I put in my load Rich! lol

D'oh! Sorry! Can't access photos as any access to photo hosting websites is blocked at work! All I get is a gap when anyone puts a photo up!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Rich Hanlon Wrote:
Quote:yeah, as per the piccy I put in my load Rich! lol

D'oh! Sorry! Can't access photos as any access to photo hosting websites is blocked at work! All I get is a gap when anyone puts a photo up!

lol, forgot you've got restricted web access at your place mate.

BTW - what you and Roisin doing next Saturday (20th)??? :wink:
Sorry for being off topic again but I just remembered about the box of just over £200 I have in my room... So I'll send ya the £25 in bronze coins, yeah? Just kidding! Big Grin Naa, I cent it to you in notes, and I got the green light from my mum so it won't be long, now!
lol, no problemo Smile

Here's a link to the long version of the Mercury Awards shown on BBC2 last night - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00dcx4f/

You can see Flopsy about 2 seconds in (thick side stripe) - thats me dropping off Boom Bip - when I kept pausing the video last night I could just about make out me leaning forwards in the driver's seat - about 9 minutes in is Neon Neons performance.