Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D on Top Gear
I read a lot that the only time the DeLorean was on Top Gear was when one of the guests owned one and it was at the corner of the studio, but today I found this site: http://www.delorean-hire.co.uk/html/dmc_t_v.html look at the top one!

Anyone know that episode thats from?
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Money in the DMC fund: £412 aprox. - Target: £15,000
Thats the same episode. Those pics are from when a load of the club members went down there for the filming.
VIN: 6511
correct Dan (your car was there that day too :wink: )

Chrispy took 'Lefty' when it had all the BTTF stuff on it.

It was Robin Simpson's car in the studio, and Patrick Kielty was the guest on the show - he'd recently bought his car from Andy Westerman (and Patrick is still a paid up club member Smile )

Anybody see Live from the Apollo on Dave last night? Patrick Kielty was on it and was really funny Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
http://www.deloreans.co.uk/features/cars...other.html Scroll down near the bottom you will see some pics from the top gear day Big Grin

I can see mine in the middle here http://www.deloreans.co.uk/features/cars..._04_12.jpg with its MXI 1981 plate on, what happened to that plate does someone else have that on their D now?
Dave kept MXI1981, I think its on one of his Cav's now.

It started life on my Clio and was destined to go on Flopsy originally.

Heres a thing tho.

I bought my Clio brand new, and she was given the plate KF02EWW - nothing stunning about that plate you might think................... because MXI1981 came from Ireland, it wasnt possible to put it on a retention certificate, it had to go straight on a car, so it was put on my Clio for about a year. Anyways, we were watching TV one night, and on screen was a James Bond car, with the plate KE02EWW!!! Shock Shock Shock

I put my Clio's plate on ebay to test the water, and a guy who was waiting to take delivery of an Aston Martin offered me £2000 for it Big Grin However, because KF02EWW had been off the car, then put back on it again, DVLA said the number was therefore 'non transferable', so I couldnt sell it - unless I sold the car too, and matey guy with the AM didnt want the car, he just wanted the number. I dont know if he was more gutted then I was!!! lol
The DVLA have some useless and annoying rules, but this time they cost you more than just some annoyance... 2 grand more, to be precise!
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Money in the DMC fund: £412 aprox. - Target: £15,000
Flux Capacitor Wrote:The DVLA have some useless and annoying rules, but this time they cost you more than just some annoyance... 2 grand more, to be precise!

tell me about it... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: I think the guy with the Aston was more upset then me though tbh, he wanted a full on 007 replica, and my plate would have been the icing on the cake for him.
Dan1986 Wrote:http://www.deloreans.co.uk/features/cars...other.html Scroll down near the bottom you will see some pics from the top gear day Big Grin

I can see mine in the middle here http://www.deloreans.co.uk/features/cars..._04_12.jpg with its MXI 1981 plate on, what happened to that plate does someone else have that on their D now?

Dave offered to sell me MXI 1981 when I bought the car, but I declined.

The idea was it represents "Made November 1981".

The number appears to be registered to an old Cavalier so I assume he still has it.

His email is astradave@btinternet.com
Its been emotional...
Yes, I bought MXI1981 to go on Flopsy, but in the end never bothered so it ended up going on
Daves car.

He has since transferred it to his "old Cavalier", which is still going strong going by posts on the
Vauxhall Club forum and I doubt he has any intention of selling it (the car or the plate).
I don't want the plate anyway, I only asked out of curiosity, wondering if it was on another member's D. As far as I'm concerned, the plate is only so the police can get your details with cameras, so not bothered what it says :wink: Also dgs803x looks like dogs bolox according to the twins in ireland :lol:
lol, funnily enough DGS was always knows as 'Dogs Bollox' :lol:

Glad to see the tradition has stuck Smile
Claire Usher Wrote:Yes, I bought MXI1981 to go on Flopsy, but in the end never bothered so it ended up going on
Daves car.

He has since transferred it to his "old Cavalier", which is still going strong going by posts on the
Vauxhall Club forum and I doubt he has any intention of selling it (the car or the plate).

Apologies I meant no slur by saying "old cavalier".
Its been emotional...
NEM351S Wrote:
Claire Usher Wrote:Yes, I bought MXI1981 to go on Flopsy, but in the end never bothered so it ended up going on
Daves car.

Apologies I meant no slur by saying "old cavalier".

lol, no slur matey, just quoting you :wink:

I know Dave's had that car since 1998 and doesnt want to replace it as its been such a good car.

Phill and I are the same with our 4 Cav's too (and there's always room for a few more! lol)