• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Venturis & Metering Heads
ok, here goes Smile

Fuel Venturi:

The venturi on Flopsy is Bosch P/no. 0438 120 065

The one we were given (poss off a Renault) Bosch P/no. 0438 120 120

A Stock DeLorean Venturi is Bosch P/no. 0438 120 132

Metering Head:

The one on Flopsy (apparantly reconditioned at kidney selling expense by KMI) Bosch P/no. 0438 100 137

A brand new Volvo one we have is Bosch P/no. 0438 100 006

A stock DeLorean metering head is Bosch P/no. 0438 100 109

Any ideas what is what and what will work best with the other?

I'm putting my car back on the road, and we have all these various bits but dont want to dick about for days on end trying different parts.

We would ask RichH to call round so I can compare his car with mine, but he's in Dorset until tomorrow and Flopsy's MOT is booked for Wednesday............ Shock
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Claire Usher Wrote:ok, here goes Smile

Fuel Venturi:

Metering Head:

The one on Flopsy (apparantly reconditioned at kidney selling expense by KMI) Bosch P/no. 0438 100 137

I'm putting my car back on the road, and we have all these various bits but dont want to dick about for days on end trying different parts.

We would ask RichH to call round so I can compare his car with mine, but he's in Dorset until tomorrow and Flopsy's MOT is booked for Wednesday............ Shock

How about ...

or maybe thats not the answer you really wanted Wink

BTW Warm-up regulator should be .... 0 438 140 066
Well the metering head on DGS (volvo) is 0438 100 120, so different again. I'm not at home at the moment so I can't look up the venturi numbers for you until sunday. I just know the venturi is bigger than the original one it came with :lol:
well before my heads decided to self destruct, i was running all volvo gear including cpr dizzy and it ran really nice compared with delorean set up. As far as im aware the plenium chambers are identical as is the throttle housing. Its just the inlet thats different as we all know. I am a bit sceptical wether it really makes any difference as most of the time the whole volvo set up is put on and that in itself does increase bhp.
So in short you should be able to hold off a 1.3 fiesta as opossed to a 1.1 :lol: :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
hi, well reason for asking, is I have a "Stage 1" that has never really worked properly, and I have crap fuel consumption, especially at 'motorway cruising' speed.

NickT did some tests on the car at Eurotec in 2007 and found out that at mid rev range the car is effectively 'over fuelling'.

I've got a Volvo dizzy fitted, and I *think* a Volvo Metering Head (as it was fitted as a refurbished part at kidney selling expense supplied by KMI), but I'm not sure what venturi I have fitted - also, I dont know if (as suggested by NickT yesterday), the metering head has been 'over shimmed' by KMI and is therefore no good either.

Luckilly Phill has picked up a NOS Volvo Metering head, which we are going to try on the car, but we wont know if it has solved the problem unless I do a long journey with it.

What I'm wondering is, should I stick to, for instance, an all Volvo combo on the car, or is it ok to mix and match between Renault and Volvo parts?

Cheers,
Is that the Bosch P/no. 0438 100 006 ?

What car was that off Claire ?
Claire Usher Wrote:What I'm wondering is, should I stick to, for instance, an all Volvo combo on the car, or is it ok to mix and match between Renault and Volvo parts?

Cheers,

well claire i had a delorean plenium with a volvo inlet and throttle body, delorean matering head ,mixed with volvo cpr delorean dizzy wrong plugs wrong exhaust and me driving and to be honest it ran ok :lol: so i would say under normal conditions they should be ok
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
bozzzydmc Wrote:Is that the Bosch P/no. 0438 100 006 ?

What car was that off Claire ?

That is a "brand new" Volvo part number off a NOS item - I assume off an early 760/260 going by the ebay description.

Tony - interesting to know that 'mix and match' works, will help me to narrow down the problem.

However, if the refurbished metering head is at fault, where do I stand, bearing in mind the company that supplied it (not KMI) no longer exist? Is the "warranty" (if any) with the manufacturer, refurbisher or supplier?
bozzzydmc Wrote:
Claire Usher Wrote:ok, here goes Smile

Fuel Venturi:

Metering Head:

How about ...

or maybe thats not the answer you really wanted Wink

BTW Warm-up regulator should be .... 0 438 140 066

Mike you cheeky boy,
(although I would prefer the cheeky girls! )
[Image: Cheekygirls1.jpg]
Mind you they are too skinny for me..........(as if I am choosy !)

Claire, I would probably go for this in the short term (assuming it is your original Delorean fuel distributor/metering head) if you need the car now.

If you are after the extra power as intended, try the NOS metering head in place of your existing one as it is a straightforward swap. Re-set the fuel mixture to 2% CO when you have finished.

I would check your injectors for spray pattern etc but you haven't removed them for me to test them yet for spray pattern/ rest-break pressure etc.

When I checked your emissions at Eurotec 2007 (I think) the higher the revs the richer the fuel mixture it went. I forget how much it went up by.

I would re-test the primary fuel pressures on the new NOS metering head but as it is factory pre-set it may be OK.

Good luck, she has been off the road for too long Big Grin

NickT
cheers Nick, will try that.

Will get the MOT out of the way first, and hopefully have a play with the car next weekend.

Havent got a gas tester unfortunately. Sad

So Nick................ fancy coming out to play next weekend? :wink: :wink: :wink:
Just had a look at:

http://www.specialtauto.com/fuel-distributors.html

and your 0-438-100-006 is from:

Porsche
Bosch CIS fuel distributor.

0-438-100-006
Bosch fuel distributor
FD11X
Porsche 911-2.7
9-73 to 8-75 Euro
9-75 to 6-77 Euro
Porsche 911 2.7S
9-75 to 8-77 US
9-73 to 8-75 Euro.
Volvo 260 76-77
$299.95
Add to Basket

I will have a look in my fuel injection book at home to see if warm up curve for the CPR for this metering head is close to the delorean one I think you have on the car.
If your CPR is not the delorean one let me know the bosch code and I will see if I can cross reference it if it is not on:

http://www.specialtauto.com/warm-up-regulators.html

BTW for the MOT the emissions should be tested at idle and should be within the limits:

CO (Carbon Monoxide) < 4.5% by volume
HC (Hydrocarbons) <1200 ppm by volume

Good luck.

NickT
cheers Nick, your a mine of information as always! Big Grin **bows down, not worthy**

Porsche x-ref eh!!! thats another one to fire at the plebs at car shows! lol :lol:

Will have a look at the CPR later and let you know the part number.

Last year, the car sailed through the emissions, and its not had anything changed since then (or done that many miles) so should be ok..........
I just found some info which may be usful http://www.atpelectronics.co.uk/Catalogue/volvo.htm

It says on here that the 0 438 100 137 is from an 82-86 Volvo 760 Inj. 2.8 litre V6 (B28E)

It also says the one on my car is from exactly the same volvo... whats with multiple part nos on the same cars?

Also the venturi on Flopsy, 0438 120 065, is aparantly off a Volvo 260
VIN: 6511
Thats a good list Dan Smile

So Claires is the

260 Inj. 2.7 litre (B27E)
74-80 5 Bosch K Jetronic
0 438 100 006

I wonder if there is any difference, maybe just the fuel pressure / shimming ?
bozzzydmc Wrote:Thats a good list Dan Smile

So Claires is the

260 Inj. 2.7 litre (B27E)
74-80 5 Bosch K Jetronic
0 438 100 006

I wonder if there is any difference, maybe just the fuel pressure / shimming ?

Excellent find there Dan, very useful Big Grin

My K Jetronic book has graphs of different warm up curves etc.
I will scan them in and put it up for all when I get chance.

NickT.