Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprise Birthday Meet in Gt Yarmouth
Hello All!

Just a quick post to say a big thanks to Alan, Carl and Alex Hammond, Chris Bale and my Girlfriend Amy for organising a surprise Birthday meet on Great Yarmouth seafront yesterday.

To be honest I don't know the whole story (thanks to some sly work from all involved 8) ) but we basically had a private carpark outside an American Diner for a few hours before the east coast pirates (local american car club) turned up with their beauties!!

It was just a really nice touch and appreciate the effort that everyone had made.

So thanks again guys, The DOC is not just a great car club but you are great friends too Big Grin
Ah, you guys were spotted by my old bandmate who was in Great Yarmouth at the weekend. He dropped me a text saying that he was standing near "a number of DeLoreans" and asked if I was in the area!

Sounds like you had a good day mate Big Grin
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Hey Pete, thanks for the kind words, you're very welcome mate and glad you had a great day! Big Grin

From what was originally a spur of the moment idea, I don't think any of us were quite prepared for how the day actually unfolded!

As Pete, said, we had a surprise visit from the Yarmouth 'Pirates' who immediately outnumbered us with their classic American muscle! Not to mention being swamped by crowds of people throughout the day! 8)

A big thanks to Amy, Chris, my Alex and especially Alan for making the long journey to join us and help make a great birthday treat for Peter! Big Grin

Here's a couple of piccies from the day and a link to my Facebook pics... 8)

[Image: DSCF0866-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0879-2.jpg]

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... =818529872

Best regards

Carl
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
VIN#11777 (don't ask!!) Sad
Norfolk