Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"EuroTec" Weekend in Norfolk, UK - 5th June 2009
delorean12uk Wrote:Thank you Rich for the info, I know it's a pain to change the governor loom. I have managed to sort out the gears and the kick down problem, I have all three gears now and the kick down works as it should, but, and their is always a but when you own one of these damn cars. I have perfect gear change when cold, but when the box gets to running temperature the gear changes become late, no excessively, probably around 3k rpm, I can live with that, just to get to norfolk anyway and I'll sort it out when i get back. I have changed the oil now 3 times and it is like grey dishwater, and because you can only drain off 2.5 ltrs at a time I'm having to run it, change it, run it etc etc. But I must admit I did try running it on dexron 3, and I think that might have been part of the cause, I am Gradually changing it back to dexron 2 so we'll see how we go. I just have a hunch the governer is responsible, we'll see!!!

'D'aily 'M'aintenance a 'C'ertainty

Hi Jason, I am running Dexron III in my autobox and it runs ok.
Sounds like your auto computer may need the capacitors etc. replacing:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2667&start=0

Nick
cheers Nick, I had a hunch it was the computer, luckily i have a spare governor. It'll get me to Norfolk it's not that bad. But it all makes sense now, you know why it's F#@ked don't you?? because it's French!!! not that I dislike french people, but there have been times when I've been driving the car and a strong smell of Camembert and onions has whiffed up and I know it comes from the transmisssion tunnel. I bet they sabotaged all the gearboxs destined for the U.K. I am absolutely determined to get to Eurotech now, mainly for two reasons, firstly my daughter wants to go because she has this absurd liking for Tony and loves him to bits, and secondley, Tony rung me earlier to say that Sally is bringing some............ shall we say, unique appliances, put it how you like. I'm tyrying to be tactful, but basically her and Tom are turning up in their 'Warickshire leather attire' and are bringing some..........adult...........things.........yeah...........
Regards Jay Monk

VIN: # 3928
VIN: # 4989

[Image: garage3.jpg]
right i think im all ready for tommorow, got jacks and axle stands at the ready as i thought best to bring for doing work underneath the car, lol.

Just gotta check the finish of this ss cleaner i tried in the morning and thats it. What time is everyone planning to be there by?
DOC 527
Vin #10264
now i wish we where coming up tomorrow how gutted am i.oh well we will see you all friday just got to wait at the shop until one of the fitters get back then we are on the way should be there about lunch time..

Tyson
Keith left something for Glen and money for Ed last night

Working until 16:00 tomorrow. Paul Jenkins leaving Bumpers to me for Chris N

Mum picks kids up at 17.30

Leave for Dublin at around 19:00

Meet Declan at M50/M1 junction to get parts for Ed

Head to port and wait until 02:15 for ferry

Get into Holyhead 05:45 Friday

Drive to Old Hunstanton, hopefully arriving 12ish knackered but excited

Look forward to seeing you all there, will probably be like meeting you all for the first time again!
Follow my Restoration Progress at http://www.project2456.co.uk
VIN 2456, 2835
DOC 621
delorean12uk Wrote:Tony rung me earlier to say that Sally is bringing some............ shall we say, unique appliances, put it how you like. I'm tyrying to be tactful, but basically her and Tom are turning up in their 'Warickshire leather attire' and are bringing some..........adult...........things.........yeah...........

you really are murder jay :lol: you will get me into trouble TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
I set my tracking today, been out for a drive too and everything is working perfectly Big Grin Looking forward to friday now.
VIN: 6511
Bling Bling Bling !!

I spent 6 hours today cleaning my car and it is the best it has been for a long time!
I still need to re-clean glass as I can never get them clean, but at least I can see through it now.

Whichever event you are going to, safe journey everyone and have a good time Big Grin

NickT
True to form, I now have repair work to be carried out before I can drive to Norfolk.

On way home from work today, driveshaft decided it no longer wished to be attached to the engine. Left me stranded in the middle of a busy roundabout, had to be pushed into a carpark, good job I get recovery with my insurance, as RAC ran out a few weeks ago.

Oh well a job for tomorrow evening.
Rich J
hi all

another day at work been with staffs police today been a naughty boy again but i learn one day packing the car

sky scanner

loads of cables

gooides for every one

parts for keith to go back to him

two lovely ladeys ( 1 been the wife )

tools

car kit for nic

2 dj mixer& 2 i pods full of tunes

and hopefully a brand new bling bling car (just come out the workshop )

hope to see you there friday morning about mid day so tell the eletric grid om on the way :lol: :lol:
One set of wheels now fitted - Dodgy colour, but nice and shiney

One coolant refilled - Engine ran for ten mins to get the air locks moving

One interior rebuilt - Nice clean carpets and seats, cleaned and properly sealed heater box.

Still to do:

Put boot floor panels back.
Refit windscreen wipers and grille
Refit floor mats
Refit A/C panel
Test drive
Clean
Gather suitable quantites of drink, crisps, food, clothes and other camping stuff.
Sort out tools and spares ('cause it's a DeLorean and thats what you have to do )

Last day at work tommorow, then run around like a looney

Hope the weather holds good for all our sakes
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
NickT Wrote:Rich, something tells me you are not happy with the wheels.
I hope you didn't pay for them !

NickT

Err, yes. You could say that. OK, so I chose the colour - from a colour card - which was very, very hard to find what I thought was a match. Did they ring me and tell me it looked like it would be miles out? No. They just went ahead and coated all four wheels (BADLY). If I had complained enough they'd probably have done something about it, but it took them SIX WEEKS to get that far! I'd have been putting the Christmas decorations up by the time they'd managed to get it right :evil: So I cut my losses and coughed up Cry
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Hi all.
Just to let you all know, my DeLorean failed its MOT today Sad But...I'll be driving (yes driving) her up to Norfolk because Dave H and Ed Uding (hopefully) will be bringing me the parts I need to get her fixed.
She is booked back in for an MOT on Monday, so hopefully I'll be able to get her taxed and back on the road after this weekend.

For those of you thinking "Argggh, you cant drive to Norfolk from Sheffield in your DeLorean to repair your car without MOT or TAX....I will beg to differ.
I phoned the DVLA up today thinking "Crap, im gunna need a trailer." But no, I explained the situation to the lady, telling her in detail that there's a club meeting where I can get all the parts I need to repair my classic car and have it ready for the re-test on Monday, hence enabling me to TAX it afterwards. . She said thats fine.
I asked if she could send me an email stating that this is ok, or can she fax this information to the local DVLA Office in Sheffield for me to pick up in person. She said there is no need. Just drive to the place of repair (garage or not) and nowhere else, then once the repairs are complete drive to the place of test and thats it!
Im quite suprised at this, as I thought your car simply got crushed (regardless) if it was found to be SORNED whilst driving on the public highway.
So im quite a happy chappy Smile I'll be setting off Tomorrow morning as opposed to the evening. Cant wait! Smile See you all there!
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Good news there Paul. What did it fail on exactly?

The other option would be to put a numberplate off someone elses taxed and mot'd delorean onto it :wink:
VIN: 6511
LoL yeah.

Fails were just number plate bulbs, handbrake, and front springs had a little problem.
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop