Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"EuroTec" Weekend in Norfolk, UK - 5th June 2009
bttf brian Wrote:Thanks Mike

There is only one issue which is new and I would like an opinion.
On the last trip out I twice had a knock/clonk from the steering / suspension
at low speed on pretty much full lock. Hasn't happened before and I drive very gently
but obviously parts wear out.

Brian

I also had a similar problem, turned out the two bolts inside the hood that hold the body tub to the chassis had worked loose - once I torqued them up the clonk disappeared.
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
good point Rich - I actually remember checking all the bolts on my car as people were convinced
it was summat like that on mine, but like I say, mine turned out to be the track rod ends.

Mind you, there are so many random rattles on these cars, it could be anything! lol
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
BRIAN

i got some old goodies for you if you want them i bring them down for you
Glen, are you going to bring that Ignition barrel switch to Eurotech for J ???
And does anyone know if ChrisP is going because I want a pair of those front springs, I've tried emailing him from the link but I keep getting a failure notice.
Is Tom and sally going, Tony told me they are modeling the new UK owners club uniform made from leather??? or was he lying to me???

DMC............. 'D'aily 'M'aintenance a 'C'ertainty

I'd better go to bed now, because I've got a certain b@st@rd car to work on again in the morning. it's never ending, one step forward and two steps back
Regards Jay Monk

VIN: # 3928
VIN: # 4989

[Image: garage3.jpg]
Hi Jason.

ChrisP isn't coming this year. I've PM'd you his email address.

Tom & Sally are coming. The only leather I know about is TT's thong that he's saving for the web cam show on Saturday night :lol:

As an update on the numbers, if my maths is correct:

81 people
35 cars - erm.. allegedlyMr Green
and the Magners delivery comes on Wednesday :wink:
delorean12uk Wrote:Glen, are you going to bring that Ignition barrel switch to Eurotech for J ???
And does anyone know if ChrisP is going because I want a pair of those front springs, I've tried emailing him from the link but I keep getting a failure notice.
Is Tom and sally going, Tony told me they are modeling the new UK owners club uniform made from leather??? or was he lying to me???

DMC............. 'D'aily 'M'aintenance a 'C'ertainty

I'd better go to bed now, because I've got a certain b@st@rd car to work on again in the morning. it's never ending, one step forward and two steps back

HI MATEY

nice to here off you dave h has them and hes coming up saturday so if you rimg him he might have a set of springs for you as well
The only "day" visitors that I am currently aware of are:

Jonny Jones
Dave Howarth
Mike C.

Everyone is welcome, and of course attendance is completely free. If anyone else is thinking of coming along then please just mention it on this thread.
arranj Wrote:and the Magners delivery comes on Wednesday :wink:

More importantly ... will some of this be the new Magners pear cider ?? Wink
thanks for that Mike :wink: .... I've added that - just in time hopefully.....!
arranj Wrote:Hi Jason.

ChrisP isn't coming this year. I've PM'd you his email address.

Tom & Sally are coming. The only leather I know about is TT's thong that he's saving for the web cam show on Saturday night :lol:

As an update on the numbers, if my maths is correct:

81 people
35 cars - erm.. allegedlyMr Green
and the Magners delivery comes on Wednesday :wink:

Thanks arran, see you all saturday, if the damn thing makes it that is!!!!
Regards Jay Monk

delorean12uk Wrote:Glen, are you going to bring that Ignition barrel switch to Eurotech for J ???

I know Ed makes his own lowering springs which i've heard a lot of good reports about... I have seen some talk on other forums about other lower springs that continued to settle and have since had to be replaced ... See you soon Jay Smile
bozzzydmc Wrote:
arranj Wrote:and the Magners delivery comes on Wednesday :wink:

More importantly ... will some of this be the new Magners pear cider ?? Wink

Oh good call Mike, I've been wanting to try some of that stuff myself! 8)
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
VIN#11777 (don't ask!!) Sad
Norfolk
Cheers mike, I've just been on the blower to Dave and if he's got any springs he's going to bring them with him. But at the moment springs seems to be the last of my problems. This car of mine seems to be one thing after the other. I thought it was a bit sluggish pulling away, one of the solenoids in the autobox is not working, so i've got to do that before I go now!!! The solenoid bells out resistance 'wise', so I'm hoping just to change the wiring harness, hopefully that will sort it out. Does anyone know if Richard and Helen are going??? If memory serves, when we were out in Memphis he was telling me he had made a gearbox computer out of Vero???? I wouldn't mind talking to him about it before my car gets accidently driven off Beachy head. I know now I've dropped a great big clanger, I bought this second car in for scrap and was all intent on busting it up for parts, but me being the silly bastard I am, decided to try and get it going and used my first car as a donor, and I wished I hadn't. The car is straight to look at, it needs a brush but thats it. But it seems to be one thing after the other with it, it is relentless. No wonder the mileage is so low, all previous owners had got so pissed off with it and locked it away!!! thats my rant for the day!!! B@ll@cks to it, I'll drive it with no 1st gear!!!

'D'aily 'M'aintenance a 'C'ertainty
Regards Jay Monk

jason

can you ring me matey just confirm your parts dave asked please
Glen & Sam Wrote:jason

can you ring me matey just confirm your parts dave asked please

Glen honey, when you say you want me to 'ring you' do you mean a telephonic conversation, or something else that involves back door activities??? sorry I'm being lavatorial again, it's not my fault, it's being near Tony to long!!! yeah I'll bell you later, i'm at work at the moment working hard.............whilst on this forum.
Regards Jay Monk