Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"EuroTec" Weekend in Norfolk, UK - 5th June 2009
consider it done brian :wink: but a funny thing happened to me today, i went to the library to pick up a book on suicide and the last person never returned it, funny that TT :lol:
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
hana 5284 Wrote:Hi claire thanks for the kind words.
on the AGM thing though is it set in stone that the first one has to be held 12 months after the last one arn't rules made to be broken ....lol....Im not starting things off again and may of read it wrong further back in the trend ,but if the nec charges for the use of the meeting room or it is going to cost a fortune to hold it somewhere eles surely it would be cheaper for the club if it was held there thats all.Well aslong as arran didn't mind?it could be something to look forward to maybe in the evening.I just know each year i have been to the nec i end up go with my mate and by the end of the day he is itching to get off before you catch all the traffic and i always seen to miss out on it ,as im sure quite a lot of people do.
anyway thanks for listening
Tyson

Hi Tyson,

we are all acutely aware that the NEC is not ideal, and that is why suggestions are invited
for a location that we can go to at a reasonable/free price, that is centrally located in the
country - and to probaby have the meeting earlier in the day, say 11am/12 noon. The only
benefit of Birmingham, is that is is fairly central, although if I was being pedantic, I think the
geographical centre (of England anyway) is somewhere between Nottingham and Derby :wink:

From my own point of view, as far as running the club accounts is concerned, I cannot see
the logic in having an AGM 7 months after the November one - there wouldnt be a full years
accounts from me or Mary (Regalia), ChrisW wont have a full years membership to report on,
and its not easy to report on the years events, or those for the next year, when we are at
the start of the show season.

Anyway, there will I'm sure be an AGM thread and it will be announced in DeLorean News too
in accordance with the Club's constitution in due course.

Thread hijack over :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
No worrys claire like i said im not rocking the boat just wondered thats all. Thats why i am a thick carpet fitter
and don't get involed with club politics cuz im s%*t at it.

All the best Tyson
hana 5284 Wrote:No worrys claire like i said im not rocking the boat just wondered thats all. Thats why i am a thick carpet fitter
and don't get involed with club politics cuz im s%*t at it.

All the best Tyson

like me Shock im getting fed up with club politics aswell the way its going i will not be doing the nec neither will dave as you can not do right for wroung :?
Thats just it Glen its the Clubs 'politics' thats spoiling the fun of being part of the Club. As you say you cant do right for wrong so what will you end up doing ...well nothing Smile I know we have spoken about many many things to do with Club events over the last year or so ...obviously one being the EuroTec event

For all of the many many people going to Norfolk in June its definatley not about the club ... its all about meeting and making good friends and having a bloody good laugh, hell we all need a laugh these days !

It will be good to see you both again and we all appreciate your help with this event... yet again ..

Roll on June !!
UPDATE: 19.04.09 1.21AM

(Well ok then its really it 1pm ....)

Smile

We have a new event at EuroTec this year which will be held on the Sunday morning ... !!

' The D Egg C Time Trial !!!! '

This isnt about speed or BHP its all about driving skill !

With a cunningly laid out course and with the aid of a specially mounted 'egg' harness on the T panel of your DeLorean you have to negotiate round the track to the finish in the quickest time and with your D Egg C intact!!

Just who will be this years 'D Egg C Time Trial Champion' ??
GOOD ONE Big Grin

we done this at eds opeing day but the one day it was that hot they started to boil on the bonnet Big Grin Big Grin if i remember right also might bring the brake race in but if dan shane gets hold of another delorean thats the game finshed before it starts Big Grin
Sort of a bit off topic, but most of us remember the awards concocted by our friends from the Netherlands, well why dont we have another one just for fun. best drunken swagger, messiest eater that sort of thing , i found it amusing last time Big Grin just a thought TT X
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Don't want to spoil the surprise - but that was already in hand TT - say no more!!!! (shhhhh!)
Whos up for a beer drinking competition? Big Grin
VIN: 6511
bozzzydmc Wrote:UPDATE: 19.04.09 1.21AM

Smile

We have a new event at EuroTec this year which will be held on the Sunday morning ... !!

With a cunningly laid out course and with the aid of a specially mounted 'egg' harness on the T panel of your DeLorean you have to negotiate round the track to the finish in the quickest time and with your D Egg C intact!!

Nice, why not make it more intresting tho...

get alot of cheapo leftover easter eggs from the supermarkets, lay them out on a course, then challenge people to drive the course without driving and crushing any off the eggs, you get to eat what you leave intact Big Grin
DOC 527
Vin #10264
arranj Wrote:Don't want to spoil the surprise - but that was already in hand TT - say no more!!!! (shhhhh!)

ok for once i will TT :wink:
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Dan1986 Wrote:Whos up for a beer drinking competition? Big Grin

well if its a competition for getting drunk on the least amount of alcohol i will win hands down TT :lol:
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
bozzzydmc Wrote:UPDATE: 19.04.09 1.21AM

Smile

Does it Have to be in a D ? I was going to bring the Elise up and Id love to have a go Smile

Dan
Its no problem to me Dan Smile Its all just a bit of fun ... your Elise is prob too fast to win anyway Wink lol