Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"EuroTec" Weekend in Norfolk, UK - 5th June 2009
arranj Wrote:yep - you are - both of you !?!

Me and The Misses Smile
Agreed Glen...

Lets all just leave it there and get on with the matter in hand ...which is looking forward to this fun get together...

Regards and thanks to everyone for the kind words over the last couple of days it is really appreciated
Not sharing the double bed with Tony this time then Dan?! :wink:

Thanks Nick - I knew we could rely on a picture from your back catalouge.....!

As far as I can recall, the "gathering" here has always been the first weekend in June, except one year when we had to change it due to an existing booking from another group, so it's no surprise that I would choose the same date. It would be nice to have a complementing event a couple of months apart, and "september time" was how the non-Caley-Hall event was described when it was first publicly mentioned on the forum - that post is still there on page 1 of this topic. However I can understand that June is a far cheaper month than September (well it is here at least). In the one year that we did have 2 major UK events one week apart (2006) both were very well attended, and we were fully booked to our allocation months in advance (12 rooms had been booked previously by a walking group).
Sorry - what I meant by "only three people" was that - so far - only (about) 3 club members have actually been to Chirk, whereas well over 50 have been here, so some members can only rely on "word of mouth" when deciding whether to go or not. Chirk was indeed announced as being the "official venue" in the magazine that preceeded the AGM - I don't deny that.

Glen - (in my opinion) on the whole it is good to talk about issues like this on the forum, since it is a lot more accessible than a once-a-year meeting that people have to pay for/drive to, and is therefore used by more people. It is these conversations that give us all an idea of what the membership want and how passionately they feel about it, in the same way the "review sites" can help business owners to improve so they can keep prices high! :wink:

At the risk of seeing more of Nick T's private collection I'm sure we can all remain civil!
arranj Wrote:..............
At the risk of seeing more of Nick T's private collection I'm sure we can all remain civil!

Yes, you have been warned! Next time they will actually be of ME !!!!!!

NickT

(ps No Bozzzy & Tourettes, you already have those pics........... Shock )
Daniel Shane Wrote:
arranj Wrote:yep - you are - both of you !?!

Me and The Misses Smile

The Misses !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TELL US MORE MR. STUD !

NickT
arranj Wrote:Not sharing the double bed with Tony this time then Dan?! :wink:

Thanks Nick - I knew we could rely on a picture from your back catalouge.....!

As far as I can recall, the "gathering" here has always been the first weekend in June, except one year when we had to change it due to an existing booking from another group, so it's no surprise that I would choose the same date. It would be nice to have a complementing event a couple of months apart, and "september time" was how the non-Caley-Hall event was described when it was first publicly mentioned on the forum - that post is still there on page 1 of this topic. However I can understand that June is a far cheaper month than September (well it is here at least). In the one year that we did have 2 major UK events one week apart (2006) both were very well attended, and we were fully booked to our allocation months in advance (12 rooms had been booked previously by a walking group).
Sorry - what I meant by "only three people" was that - so far - only (about) 3 club members have actually been to Chirk, whereas well over 50 have been here, so some members can only rely on "word of mouth" when deciding whether to go or not. Chirk was indeed announced as being the "official venue" in the magazine that preceeded the AGM - I don't deny that.

Glen - (in my opinion) on the whole it is good to talk about issues like this on the forum, since it is a lot more accessible than a once-a-year meeting that people have to pay for/drive to, and is therefore used by more people. It is these conversations that give us all an idea of what the membership want and how passionately they feel about it, in the same way the "review sites" can help business owners to improve so they can keep prices high! :wink:

thats ok then :wink:
yes any more and i will be wearing my Borat thong in lime green you have been warned lol TT X
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Hi Arran just a quick one i don't think my daughter is coming this year .i know we booked the same room as last year but if you want to change our room to just a double its really not a problem.that may help someone eles if someone want to share with someone they know.just a thought thats all.

Just a quick note on the AGM thing ,can't it not be held at eurotec it seems to be a good venue to be held at.As im sure you wont get as many doc members in one place at the same time any where eles.Tell me to shut up if thats not a good idea.just wanted to say something on here really i was feeling a bit left out thats all.
cheers all Tyson

ROLL ON JUNE oh and its my birthday on the 6th june when we are at eurotec so i want cards pressies or hard cash!!!!will accept chqs and mastercards.LOL!!!or a gas flap hood.
hana 5284 Wrote:Hi Arran just a quick one i don't think my daughter is coming this year .i know we booked the same room as last year but if you want to change our room to just a double its really not a problem.that may help someone eles if someone want to share with someone they know.just a thought thats all.

Just a quick note on the AGM thing ,can't it not be held at eurotec it seems to be a good venue to be held at.As im sure you wont get as many doc members in one place at the same time any where eles.Tell me to shut up if thats not a good idea.just wanted to say something on here really i was feeling a bit left out thats all.
cheers all Tyson

ROLL ON JUNE oh and its my birthday on the 6th june when we are at eurotec so i want cards pressies or hard cash!!!!will accept chqs and mastercards.LOL!!!or a gas flap hood.

Well an AGM at EuroTec is a great idea, it has been raised before though ...
lol Tyson, well many happy returns for 6 June - you share your birthday with my boss
who is 65 (and retires) that day, and its my mum's on the 7th June - and she'll be retiring
too as she's 60.

I'll raise a glass to you from the riverside spot I shall be occupying with Flopsy and some
other DOC'ers in Evesham Smile

Without wanting to hijack the thread into an AGM one, the AGM is an annual event held
every 12 months, so from a 'date' perspective would have to be held in November.

Cheers all,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
hana 5284 Wrote:...............

I am sure a few pints will be headed your way that night !

(Lucky man!)

NickT
bozzzydmc Wrote:
hana 5284 Wrote:Hi Arran just a quick one i don't think my daughter is coming this year .i know we booked the same room as last year but if you want to change our room to just a double its really not a problem.that may help someone eles if someone want to share with someone they know.just a thought thats all.

cheers all Tyson

Well an AGM at EuroTec is a great idea, it has been raised before though ...
Yes - it has Tyson! - Sorry - "No politics" - "house rules"! It's a "fun weekend", and long may it stay that way :wink:

Yep - the message got to me in March about your room, and noted. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Hi claire thanks for the kind words.
on the AGM thing though is it set in stone that the first one has to be held 12 months after the last one arn't rules made to be broken ....lol....Im not starting things off again and may of read it wrong further back in the trend ,but if the nec charges for the use of the meeting room or it is going to cost a fortune to hold it somewhere eles surely it would be cheaper for the club if it was held there thats all.Well aslong as arran didn't mind?it could be something to look forward to maybe in the evening.I just know each year i have been to the nec i end up go with my mate and by the end of the day he is itching to get off before you catch all the traffic and i always seen to miss out on it ,as im sure quite a lot of people do.
anyway thanks for listening
Tyson
Sorry Arran i was writting that as you replyed bad idea i will shut up and be quiet
cheers Tyson
OK. I'm EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED. My faith has been shattered. See post Fri April 17 10.29 pm.
A red letter day. A guy called "TT" who I remember as a bit mad and , dare I say it , makes stange comments
turns out to be a sensible bloke! ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!! Please return to abnormal ASAP

Brian