Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's John of specialtauto?
Does anyone have contact with John of specialtauto.com?

I place an order a while ago, he emailed me once saying one part is on back order and offer me whether I would like another similar part that would also work...

I replied, but I hear no news from him again, and I don't have any parcels arriving at my door either.

Anyone knows if he is ill, on holiday or something?

Thanks!
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
He will have just been to the huge DeLorean DCS 2008 event that went on last weekend. I guess he should be back at base now so you could try emailing him again, posting on the DML should get his attention too and finally there is always the phone....
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
I've used him a couple of times, always difficult to get hold of. The parts took an age to come , even though he said they were in stock at the time. When I rang back nearly 2 weeks later he had'nt even dispatched them.
Might not be representative of his normal service, just my experience!
Won't use him again though.
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
Did you manage to get hold of him? I've been having the same trouble, I placed an order and heard nothing. Just tried ringing and no answer either :roll:
I bought a load of stuff off John around 4 mths ago, I found him to be brillant.

He must be away or somethings happened.
Just got through. Hes behind on orders because of the big Delorean show hes been at and will sort mine out in a few days Big Grin
i have just dropped off the wife today at gatwick and i think i saw him boarding a flight with a pocket full of cash and a big smile on his face Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad is this the same man???LOL
Thats strange, when I phoned him earlier I dialed an American number and he was there, it must have been a very fast plane :wink:

Any luck with your hot start problem Tyson?
hay dan fingers crossed i think it has righted its self but it has been sitting in the garage since eurotec mot has run out so i am taking her down hopefully next week for a test and i will see then.I spoke to chris from gradys and he showed me a few thing to check befor i start spending to much money on her we will see
What about you did nick sort it for you???

cheers Tyson
Nick's verdict from his tests was the o-ring or check valve. I'm going to change both of them to isolate them from the equation and see what that does. Off topic but are you coming to Ireland in august tyson?
sorry mate turkey is calling at the same time