Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Start problem on DGS here we go :(
As eurotec is drawing near, the delorean has decided to be naughty. Today the delorean wouldn't start when hot. It did eventualy after a lot of cranking and then spluttered into life running on a couple of cylinders until it sprang back into life properly. It did this twice when I had left it for a short while (30 mins ish), but as a test I turned it off and back on again about 5 secs later and it fired up perfectly. Am I right in thinking these are accumulator symptoms? ie loosing pressure when left for a while.

If so, can they be repaired or is it a case of ordering one up from Ed or something?
VIN: 6511
Sounds like accumulator.

Just replace.

NickT

ps I can do a fuel pressure test for you at eurotech to confirm this or not, in exchange for beer Smile
Sweet sounds like a plan Big Grin Want to be sure before I shell out 80 quid Cry

I'll bring my volvo venturi with me too as I STILL havn't had chance to fit it so there might be time to do it at the event. Could you bring your CO tester too? In exchange for another beer?
Ok I'll bring the gastester too. Big Grin

NickT
NickT Wrote:Ok I'll bring the gastester too. Big Grin

NickT

Boy this bloke loves his beer :lol: (nearly as much as me :lol: )

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
NickT Wrote:Sounds like accumulator.

Just replace.

NickT

ps I can do a fuel pressure test for you at eurotech to confirm this or not, in exchange for beer Smile

hay nick can i also bribe you with beer and get you to test mine aswell at the same time it seems our cars must be twin sisters as it is doing the same thing?
cheers mate Tyson
Hi Tyson,

Its a bloody pain isn't it. I thought it wasn't going to start this afternoon, then it finally coughed into life but it was running on 2 cylinders or something for a few seconds, it was shaking about and sounding horrible then a bit of a rev and it was fine again. Worrying moment Shock
hana 5284 Wrote:it seems our cars must be twin sisters

Well they do have each others speedometers so kind of related :wink: :lol:
He likes his gravy too........
could it be related to the fuel injectors too??
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
A Van Wrote:He likes his gravy too........

......especially on Chips !

I will bring my engine tuning gear. It is a Technical / Beer session after all !

NickT

btw Try pressing on the metering flap the following morning after running the engine. If there is no resistance at all and you can bounce this flap then the accumulator is duff or you have lost system pressure back through an o ring or check (one way) valve.
Outatime Wrote:could it be related to the fuel injectors too??

I have the Bosch tool for checking fuel pressure/ spray pattern of fuel injectors but I don't have any copper washers to replace them.
My fingers are also like a bunch of bananas so if you want to remove them yourself I can test them (for beer??? Big Grin )
NickT Wrote:
Outatime Wrote:could it be related to the fuel injectors too??

I have the Bosch tool for checking fuel pressure/ spray pattern of fuel injectors but I don't have any copper washers to replace them.
My fingers are also like a bunch of bananas so if you want to remove them yourself I can test them (for beer??? Big Grin )

I have a bag full of fuel injector copper washers ... i will bring these with me to euroTec Wink
I doubt its injectors becuase when its running it purrs perfectly. When I get home from work I'll push the flap down and see. That will be about 24 hours since it was ran last, is that too long or should there still be resistance?
Dan1986 Wrote:I doubt its injectors becuase when its running it purrs perfectly. When I get home from work I'll push the flap down and see. That will be about 24 hours since it was ran last, is that too long or should there still be resistance?

Ideally there should be a resistance showing that there is still pressure in the fuel line.

One thing to note, when you do press the flap down and the system is pressurised, this will inject fuel into the cylinders so only do this as a check.

Rough test, after starting the engine, stop it and do the test again.
If there is definately no resistance then chances are it is the accumulator.

NickT