Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actual BTTF film car
just as well that Tracey spelt 'Damn' wrong in the first place :wink:
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
bozzzydmc Wrote:I dont see why just they dont sell these on again, actual film cars, in any condition would sell at a good price and restored by someone who actually cared about them.

yeah i back that one too mike
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
Daniel Shane Wrote:
tracey steele Wrote:I THINK IT`S A DAM SHAME

Never noticed before but thats my name with a slight keyboard typo and hitting the M key rather than the N key Big Grin

how corney is that i`m a crap speller anyway have we got spell check on here cause i can`t find it any where :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
http://www.carsofthestars.com/

go to vehicle index, then film cars. Is this an original???
Alexander Adams
Hull, East Yorkshire
DOC member - 389
Reg of first D experience - HEC 6T
I would stick my neck out and say the Orlando Universal car is NOT a film car...

I will see if I can dig out some photos I have of it... :wink:
Alex, the car at Car Of The Stars is a replica. It doesn't even have an engine. Dave Howarth had the engine from it and that is now in another DeLorean.

The website clearly states :- "Cars of the Stars own a publicity vehicle used to promote the third film"

Also, you can easily see that the rear side window glass is still in place and the quality of materials used around the engine area are nothing like those from the movie. The rear ducts don't even have the vertical separation plates mounted.
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Nerd Alert !
I have a piece of home video i took somewhere of 3 or 4 of the cars including the Delorean parked up round the back of a sound stage on the back lot of Universal LA i wonder if they are original film cars.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
i did contact them way before i went into helping chris p out with the events before having herman put it this was its a non runner needs loads of work and it got a nice price tag more than my house if it the right one that you are on about i contacted them about the one next to the studio,s with the sad bumper Big Grin
The one in the cars the star museum is NOT the car from any of the films. It's a really poor remake. From memory the exterior has been hacked/bodged to fit the gear on and the interior only mildy resembles what it should look like.It did have the 50's wheels on it when i saw it but no bonnet piece.
I think its a shame to ruin a delorean just to make a few quid :evil: I don't like saying this but it's the worse car in there Sad .Glen has something to be proud of. Rant over Big Grin
tom
vin 7155
DOC372
The BTTF car at the 'cars of the stars' was used in some publicity for BTTF 3 but of course nothing to do with the films, not even sure if it was Universal that used it.
It was put together by Andy Hobb of Top Gun, he was a DeLorean parts guy in the 80's and early 90's. He had a rolling chassis with engine, an underbody ect, and made a car from the bits. He took off the bits the car would not need, like engine, and as Chris H mentioned sold those bits off to Dave H, amongst others. Infact the injectors and a few other bits are in my old car Wink Oh and the block is in a certain well known D that I'm sure most, if not all, of you out there have a poster of Big Grin
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
ChrisS Wrote:The BTTF car at the 'cars of the stars' was used in some publicity for BTTF 3 but of course nothing to do with the films, not even sure if it was Universal that used it.
It was put together by Andy Hobb of Top Gun, he was a DeLorean parts guy in the 80's and early 90's. He had a rolling chassis with engine, an underbody ect, and made a car from the bits. He took off the bits the car would not need, like engine, and as Chris H mentioned sold those bits off to Dave H, amongst others. Infact the injectors and a few other bits are in my old car Wink Oh and the block is in a certain well known D that I'm sure most, if not all, of you out there have a poster of Big Grin

Yes spot on Chris Big Grin ... I can also confirm that it was Andy Hobbs who built the 'engine less' BTTF car for the Cars of the Stars museum 'directly'. Been emailing him and invited him along on here... he has a few interesting stories to tell especially re wooler hodec cars Smile

Andy also states that he bought 'WIA 8096' directly from John Taylor in 1991/2, then sold it on. ( As you know this is owned by Dave Howarth )
just going back on what someone was saying about film companys props and there cars

there dead right

they do leave them out to rot Unfortunatly

if any one has seen ghostbusters

there two ecto 1 and ecto 1a cars were left out to rot i saw some footage on u tube about these a while back
ive also seen a knight rider car from universal that was also left out

but still thie thing is they can afford to that

it is a massive shame to waste these type of things

as for the cars of the stars ive been to that place in kendal
its crap

all there cars there are rubbish
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
YOUR MUMMA WAS A SNOW BLOWER!!!.....