Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actual BTTF film car
The detail around the engine bay is spot on albiet tired.

Someone has nicked the grill badge. I think one of the BTTF part II cars is sat next to it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EA079zrhv0
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Im surprised, I thought all of Universals props were kept in good nick, on display?
Alexander Adams
Hull, East Yorkshire
DOC member - 389
Reg of first D experience - HEC 6T
alexadams1 Wrote:Im surprised, I thought all of Universals props were kept in good nick, on display?

Sorry to dis-illusion you but most of the prop over there are just dumped to fall apart.

A friend of mine tried to get them to let him restore the BTTF car in his spare time ( he works at universal) and they said it was too expensive and not worth it Shock

Paul
I THINK IT`S A DAM SHAME
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
Yep definately when the cost would be about 1/2 hours takings at the gate :evil:
I dont see why just they dont sell these on again, actual film cars, in any condition would sell at a good price and restored by someone who actually cared about them.
yea i back mike up on that one i buy the train next if they sold that Big Grin
now your just being greedy Smile
DMC paul Wrote:
alexadams1 Wrote:Im surprised, I thought all of Universals props were kept in good nick, on display?

Sorry to dis-illusion you but most of the prop over there are just dumped to fall apart.

A friend of mine tried to get them to let him restore the BTTF car in his spare time ( he works at universal) and they said it was too expensive and not worth it Shock

Paul

Did your friend give any indication as to whether they'd sell that particular prop?

That is the one from the second movie. Smile
I wouldn't mind the one from the beginning of the third film with the whitewall tires, etc.

Damnit. It makes me frustrated that they're al the way over there and I'm here. I hope they don't scrap them.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
No I don't think they would sell it on. In fact If you saw the state of it you may change you mind about wanting the poor thing.

Paul
nope - it makes me want it even more Smile

One thing i will say, is either that's one of the cars that was on display not the film car, or it's the film car, but they've tweaked it because the Mr Fusion version of the Delorean never had the 'Out Of Time' number plate (it came off after the first experiment, remember?); it had the bar code plate. So I don't know what's going on there.

Dave.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
Has anyone ever tried to buy it?

Has anyone tried to contact the studio to see if they would sell it - I guess you might have to negotiate that they could use it if the films are re-released on a new format.

Anyone tried the guy who owns the star cars museum? He must have some good contacts in the movie industry.

Everything is for sale at a price.
Its been emotional...
yeah, but what price?
Alexander Adams
Hull, East Yorkshire
DOC member - 389
Reg of first D experience - HEC 6T
I guess you are right.

Universal can quite happily leave them there to rot knowing that if they are needed again they can just spend whatever is needed to make it spick and span again.

I am just hypothesising, but that is why I suggested you could negotiate it could be used for marketing purposes should the need arise.

I also think Biff's '47 Ford is standing to which is a real shame as that is beautiful.

I am amazed knowone has offered a substantial sum to acquire the car. I would be suprised if the original one (carpark scene) isn't safe somewhere. I am sure I have heard it referred to as the "hero" car (maybe on a DVD extra) and is owned by one of the directors/producers etc.
Its been emotional...
tracey steele Wrote:I THINK IT`S A DAM SHAME

Never noticed before but thats my name with a slight keyboard typo and hitting the M key rather than the N key Big Grin