Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean News issue 35
Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the next issue of DeLorean News is coming along nicely and should be ready to proof print soon.

HOWEVER: I am still missing an article/report about the Lotus event from back in the summer. I think it's fair to say that we all had a great time that weekend, so please could one or two of you sum up your memories of the event for us in an article. Here's just a couple of things to jog your memory:

Chris Hawes' exhaust self destructing
Tony's drunken escapades
A herd of DeLoreans convoying around the Norfolk lanes
The fantastic gala dinner and guest speakers
Driving round the Lotus test track and meeting Colin Spooner
Tour of the Lotus factory
David Palmer's RHD DeLorean back on the road especially for the event

As always, the sooner someone can drop me an article on this, the sooner we can get issue 35 finished off and printed Big Grin

Best wishes to everyone,
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
I have just emailed Phil an article on my exploding exhaust with Pictures. The NEC Dream Rides bit is to follow shortly...

Phil, did you receive the other articles you wanted so that the magazine can go to press?
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Cheers for that Chris, much appreciated Big Grin I'll get that incorporated into the magazine design layout tonight.

There are still one or two outstanding items that I need from folks to finish the mag off. I'll be sending out a private e-mail to the relevant folks about this later today. Once these items are in place Issue 35 will be ready to go to print.

If anyone has anything more to add about Lotus, please can you send it over to me ASAP.

Many thanks,
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Hi everyone,

I'm very pleased to say that issue 35 of DeLorean News has now officially gone to the printers and should be posted out to you very shortly.

Due to a few unfortunate last minute delays in the past couple of weeks, this issue is coming out slightly later than I had hoped, but at 24 pages long I hope you will find it a substantial and enjoyable read Big Grin

A big thanks, in no particular order, to all those who have contributed to the making of this issue:

Chris Hawes
Brian O'Neill
Mike Hooper
Robert Lamrock
Chris Parnham
Ken Koncelik
Andy Withers
Mike Bosworth
Claire Usher
Andy Taylor
Paul Birks
Glen Hale
John Tien
James MacPhearson
Kevin Abato
Mike Sumner
Tristan Carroll
Dave Swingle
Ian Foster

Best wishes,
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Any news on issue 35 yet :?:
Posted out by Dave Howarth on Saturday

Should be dropping through letter boxes over the next few days Smile
Sweet 8) 8) 8) .
I have kidney stones at the moment ( Cry very painful)and I've ran out of things to read,hence I'm not at work Smile
can`t wait but will have too
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
yay!!!!!! mine arrived today Big Grin

Will give me something to read whilst I'm still off work.........

Seeing Doctor tomorrow, letter and questionairre arrived from Solicitors today.......watch this space!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Mine hasn't Cry .Hopefully tomorrow Smile
well, mag read thoroughly from cover to cover, excellent again, well done to Phil Peters and all who contributed Smile

PS - loved the cover shot, must have taken ages!!! I was playing 'spot the number of pics of Flopsy', I counted at least 5 before my eyeballs went screwy!! :lol:

(for those of you who havent had your mags yet, I wont spoil it for you!)
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
look forward to reading it TOMORROW :evil: :wink:
Mine arrived today also! Like Claire said absolute beast of a cover!! Ive skimmed through everything and I'll have a good read later in the week when ive read all my books for my dissertation haha! Good work and well done to everybody who had input! Big Grin
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
Mine turned up today Big Grin .Just about to read it.
All good things come to those who wait :wink: