Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A cautionary tale PLEASE READ
You could try this little trick,

Claim Salvage on the vehicle by reporting your find to the local police, presumably if the vehicle is not claimed or reported missing you can re-register it as your own and then sell it.

I know you can claim salvage on yachts drifting at sea, you just board them and radio the coastguard to claim salvage, then the insurer of the vessel will pay you a fortune to hand it back.

Only reason i know this is because about 10 years ago we sailed by a yacht which was about 200metres away, it had no sails up and looked a little out of place.
Next day on the news a fisherman had been paid £17,000 by the insurance company for salvaging the boat and saving a massive claim. effectively we sailed right past a £17,000 cheque :-(

Anyway on a more serious note. Go to www.lawanswers.co.uk, you can genuinely get free legal advice, I used them when I had a business dispute and it was a massive help, they even advised me on how to write letters, what action I could legally 'Threat' etc... very helpful.

Free legal advice is very hard to come by, these guys don't charge, just visit the site and e-mail full details of your dispute. I assume they make money from people who actually then choose one of their team to deal with the case.

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Staggered and truly saddened by all this. I hate to turn this into a BBC 'Have your say' type forum, but really, this country...

Yeah, try Jeremy Vine or Watchdog or something - it might even make the 'And Finally' section on your local news bulletin!

Miserable old tart.

And now you have a record because of her...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
plant drugs in the car and tell the police she dumped it if that don't work and only then please revert back to my last post
Sorry to hear about all this mate! She sounded like a right bi-atch! Give her all she deserves I tell thee!! Big Grin
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
oh my god stupid cow , god if i was their , well say know more , really feel for ya mate , chin up tho :wink: can`t turn the clock back sadly,eerrr Shock :roll:
maybe shes just jealous of what you`ve got, and an attention seeker , wish i could give her a slap for ya
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
ok is your driveway on a hill? If so:

Put some blocks behind the wheels of the car, get a hacksaw and chop away at the handbrake cable, remove blocks, watch car roll onto road, call police stating it was like that when you got there, The cut should look like the cable just gave way over time
DOC 527
Vin #10264
I guess the the answer with the benefit of hindsight, is just move the thing, then don't admit to anything & say you don't know what she's talking about, it was never on my drive!
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
Thanks for all your support,

At least it cheered me up!

I'm not going for a Media frenzy but quite like the idea of doing her in!

It's all just a reflection of todays society. Don't get me started on the low life in the court waiting room yesterday we'll be here forever.

I'll have my time at some point and I'm quite looking forward to the Trespass case as there is no doubt on the fact she parked her car on my property, and of course the damage was oil leaking on my drive. QED

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
ooooo in that case, try get the money for a whole new driveway then, saying that if the oil bit is replaced it would look out of place or somethingBig Grin
DOC 527
Vin #10264
i'm sure there are plenty of people that would remove and crush it...no questions asked.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Hi Darren, Well your story has reached the other side of the world :roll: . You have my sympathy, we seem to have gone in for the same stupid red tape here also. I must say the name and shame idea is the best. I could send her a letter telling her to eat NZ lamb it has a much smaller carbon footprint! ( and no nasty radiation) Cheers Trevor
Darren. i hate to jump on the band waggon of giving advise but heres one for you. Where her car leaked oil onto you're driveway pour some more on there an make sure its enough to leach into the soil underneath. Go into court and play the Environment card. The oil has now contaminated you're soil and HAS to be desposed of by an approved contractor. The courts these days go mental for the environment issue. Remember the fact is we live in a risk asessment, high viz, permit to fart kind of society now so milk the environment card as much as you can. If that doesn't work, I might know a chap who can shoot the cow bag.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
Dan Howarth Wrote:Darren. i hate to jump on the band waggon of giving advise but heres one for you. Where her car leaked oil onto you're driveway pour some more on there an make sure its enough to leach into the soil underneath. Go into court and play the Environment card. The oil has now contaminated you're soil and HAS to be desposed of by an approved contractor. The courts these days go mental for the environment issue. Remember the fact is we live in a risk asessment, high viz, permit to fart kind of society now so milk the environment card as much as you can. If that doesn't work, I might know a chap who can shoot the cow bag.

I think you have a good case with this one.
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
Hi All,

Just thought I'd update you on this circus.

Filed a Trespass case which is due for hearing on June 9th.

Funny thing is, she now contests my claim and denies trespass on my land Shock (nope wasn't little old innocent me, you must be mistaken)

In the eyes of the law I (Me) have to prove beyond doubt that she was the driver of her car when it was dumped on my land.

For pete's sake can someone with some common sense wake me up from this crazy world we're living in. I want to get off this merry-go-round I feel quite sick.

The law is an ass Cry

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
like any legal thing you have to go through the courts, most magistrates understand these things and will use their discretion, and for the record iwould do exactly the same as you TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor