Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 NEC classic car show weekend + AGM meeting
bozzzydmc Wrote:When will the request for nominations for the posts of club officails be sent out to club members and from there the postal ballet for those who cant attend the NEC this year?
Mike/All
There will be a flyer included with the next club magazine, along with a posting on the forum giving all the info on the AGM and how to vote if you so wish by post/Email. It will be all done with in these guidelines from the constitution.;
[i]An Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall be held each year on a date to be announced by the Secretary in either the Club Magazine or on the Club Forum at least twenty eight (28) days prior the meeting. All persons whose membership is current on the date of the meeting are eligible to attend.The AGM agenda will be drawn up by the Secretary and will be posted in either the Club Magazine or on the Club Forum at least seven (7) days prior to the meeting. The Agenda will include candidates for election and re-election to the posts of Club officials.[i]
Hope this helps
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks for the quick response Chris...

So from this flyer, how will members know whos up for election / re-election if they dont view this forum, or am i missing something.

Regards

Mike
bozzzydmc Wrote:Thanks for the quick response Chris...

So from this flyer, how will members know whos up for election / re-election if they dont view this forum, or am i missing something.

Regards

Mike
No worries maybe I did not word it correctly.
An A4 sheet of paper will go out with the next mag to ALL members giving details of; when/where/time. Along with an agenda and a list of club officials that are standing for re-election along with details of how to have yourself put forward for any of the positions. Along with details of how to vote by Email/post should you so wish. Also on the reverse is a space for comments/suggestions that you may wish to be raised. It will all become clear when you get it (I hope)!! A copy of this will be posted on the forum also.
Hope this helps
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris Williams Wrote:

Regards

Mike
An A4 sheet of paper will go out with the next mag to ALL members giving details of; when/where/time. Along with an agenda and a list of club officials that are standing for re-election along with details of how to have yourself put forward for any of the positions. Along with details of how to vote by Email/post should you so wish. Also on the reverse is a space for comments/suggestions that you may wish to be raised. It will all become clear when you get it (I hope)!! A copy of this will be posted on the forum also.
Hope this helps
Chris

Just for example ...so if i was to recieve this flyer and I wanted to put myself forward as a candidate, how would those members who dont view this forum ( and there are a lot ) know that and hence be able to vote for me either in person or by postal vote?

...not trying to be argumenative .. just cant see how that works ... sorry.
bozzzydmc Wrote:
Chris Williams Wrote:

Regards

Mike
Hope this helps
Chris

Just for example ...so if i was to recieve this flyer and I wanted to put myself forward as a candidate, how would those members who dont view this forum ( and there are a lot ) know that and hence be able to vote for me either in person or by postal vote?

...not trying to be argumenative .. just cant see how that works ... sorry.
Mike

yes I see what your saying However the forum is the only way of disseminating information without it costing the club a fortune in postage. The AGM notice states;
A full list of candidates will be published on the DOC forum at least 14 days before the AGM The only other way would be to mailshot 250+ members with a list of people standing for election. A cost of about probably about £90. I do agree that not everyone views or uses the forum (approx 100 members do) however the information is there to see. I am however happy to do a mailshot if that is what the members feel they want and the committee are happy for me to do it.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Maybe this could be issued with an earlier magazine next time round with the final list in the one after prior to the AGM... just a thought to save on these postage costs.

Cheers for the replies Chris.
Hi Mike,

I can see exactly what you're saying, as it was something that had crossed my mind at
one point too.

However, I'm not sure sending out AGM voting stuff too early would work, as you run the
risk of being 5-6 months ahead of the meeting - and a lot can happen in that space of time.

I've spent the last week working on full income/expenditure analysis sheet, and will be happy
to submit full DOC Accounts at the AGM, plus these will also be printed in full with the AGM
Minutes in the relevant issue of DeLorean News. Smile

I'm happy to stand for re-election to the post of Treasurer this year, I'm really enjoying the role
and look forward to progressing it further in the future.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
hi all

back to the point :?

the nec party is going to be still on for the saturday night we have only had a hand full of people come forward for this event but i have made aragments with the night event what ever happend on the night we will do the same as last year so i still need to know who up for it and whos not so i can order the transport in the next few weeks please people
me jason dan and spratty thats 4 Big Grin TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
i know i could count on you lot as normal :lol:

i see you in a few weeks
Has anyone been able to get the reduced rates?

The paaswords Claire was sent appear to log me on, but don't seem to offer tickets at £10 or even £12?

John C

============================================================================================

DISCOUNT ON NEC TICKETS
Apologies for the lateness of this but the NEC have been very 'difficult' about providing this information to Glen and the DOC so I have got it from another club

Early bird offer; ENDS SEPTEMBER 30th
Adult tickets just £10.00
Family £25.00
Quote code; EFCLUB

Club advance offer; ends November 15th
Adults £12.00
Family £30.00
Quote code; FS CLUB

On the door prices £17.00 for adults £45.00 for a family
I had the same problem on the site too :roll:
VIN: 6511
Have you tried to ring them and use the code?
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
hi all

the club code this year is (sorry the the delay ) but the nec did not give it me until tonight if you ring up you can try and say that you was not givin the code until today and sandra from the nec told us to us this code

FSCLUB = FAMILY £30.00
SACLUB= SINGLE £12.00

HOPE THIS HELPS
To try and help Glen, can anyone who wants to come along to the evening 'do' that he is organising, please can you get in touch with Glen and give him your name's Etc. As per this earlier post;
the nec party is going to be still on for the saturday night we have only had a hand full of people come forward for this event but i have made aragments with the night event what ever happend on the night we will do the same as last year so i still need to know who up for it and whos not so i can order the transport in the next few weeks please people
If everyone who is going or wants to go if you could get in touch with Glen and he can fill you in with all the details. As he needs to organise the restaurant/transport Etc. Anfd this is now only a month away.

Thanks
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584