Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new car in the family
hi all

after having a nasty talk with my gaffa over the weekend he has taken my company car away due to me been of sick for 14 days so we have gone & brought a nice used vauxhall astra estate today just to get us around so it looks like i will be joining to phill & claire club as well this year as phill likes playing with Rich with them engines so i know were to go when it goes wroung but its runs really nice & also the aa said it looks good

p.s

igot the hp check done this time Big Grin
lol, well done for doing the HPI check this time mate! :wink:

I'll let you know when the VODC are coming over for a meet up and you
can come on over with your Astra Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Glen,

Did your company car form part of your contract of employment?

Furthermore are you being taxed on it?, if the 'perk' has been removed you need to check you dont end up paying for something you dont have.
hi there

no the way it seems to be that my car that i use in the day & every day is in the bodyshop as some nice bloke ran in to it while it was parked up in coventry last week the hire company called drive asset in tamworth did not bring me a loan car out the same day so i had to go & hire one on my credit card :twisted: due to the law they say when hireing a car your name has to be on the credit card is the same as your driver card ( load of rubish but had to do it ) so i had a ford focus until thursday when i went back to the docs & he told me to go back on light duties until next weekend then my company said no so they said been your off ill your car can go back to the hire compony leaving me & sam without a car so me & sam have been talking about getting a normal local car for a long time becasue keeping the landrover on the road is just to much unless we are on a delorean stand with the BTTF car then its worth it cus we can load it up to the top but with the vauxhall i can do small events for the club and still get around for less & we know that claire & phill like there vauxhalls so the free advise will come good if anythink goes wroung hopefully it will not
Seems all a bt strange Glen, if you hired the car using the fleet company's insurance and it wasnt your fault, a replacement should have been issued.
And if your company insured the vehicle, the insurance would normally get you a replacement pretty quickly, regardless of the circumstances.

Seems you have been a bit unlucky, it sounds like it is a company car rather than a pool car, so you need to check your tax implications.

I hope you have better luck with your new car, I am not a big Vauxhall fan actually..I think there a couple of other manufacturers beginning with 'V' I would prefer! Smile

They do seem to be reliable and you can source parts easily.

Cheers
hi

i think as my gaffa did say to me hes wants to save on hire costs due to he say been done by insurance companys before by paying for a hire car and them not paying him back, due to all the parts we carry they can not go in a ford ka :x

but what ever way i look at it we has left without a car and could not get back to the docs, and if sam ( the other half) was took il i would have to gone in a taxi due to the landrover been with the bttf car up the barn a mile away

but it was not to expesive to get another insurance company to get the astra on the road as my other insurance is with the delorean
Good luck Glen. I'm putting my weeks notice in tomorrow which means i'm gonna have to lose my comapny Landrover. No bad thing tho really as its starting to fall apart anyway and they won't spend the money on a newer one they just patch up old rubbish instead. So i've gone out and bought a VW Sharan. Its nice and big 7 seats so i can take a couple of seats out and get my drum kit in with other band stuff. Plus i can take out 6 of my closest friends or go camping and if it rains to much i can sleep in it.
So as of 1st April i will no longer be Dan the tree man so another title will be required. I will be driving trucks with cranes on if thats any help.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
option

1 dan dan the lorry man

2 dan dan the crane man

3 dan the sharran man
(cue Pink Panther tune)

Shardan, Shardan, Shardan Shardan-Shardan -da-da-da-daaaa-da da dum