Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to join the DMC owners club!!!
I am starting a quest to buy my first Delorean. I have approx £20k of a budget hopefully and have contacted Ed Uding about VIN 878. Ideally I would love to some day own one of the few pilot cars, VIN 500's or AXI reg's but maybe this is just a dream we all one day hope to come true. Manual would take preference over an automatic but both would be considered. All help greatly appreciated.
Drop me an email mate or give me a ring, I can point you in the right direction, I am in Banbridge, you cant have my pilot car though! Big Grin

pilot25dmc@mac.com or 07921167775

You can join the DOC by clicking this link:- http://www.deloreans.co.uk/join/join.html
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
1981 Delorean #Vin Pilot 25
1989 Renault Alpine GTA Atmo.
Sent you an email mate. Spot my spelling mistake in it lol. If you ever need someone to wash your pilot 25 I'm your man. Other than that give me a shout regarding available Deloreans on 07786542448 or email mncs2003@hotmail.com
Did you or any of your family worked at the factory?
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
They didn't but a lot of my neighbours did.
I bet they told you a few stories? :lol:
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
Just an update on my search. Martin has been good enough to put me in contact with an owner in London who is selling his original Delorean with virtually all mechanical systems new (brakes, tyres, fuel system etc). The work was done last year by Martin after the car being in a carcoon for 14 years. It has 3k miles on the clock and I have assurances that it is one of the best examples of an original Delorean in the UK.

My other options are a frame off restoration with galvanised chassis in Wicklow and a 1983 with 13k miles in Gloustershire which are both automatic.

This is the most likely 3 so far but there have been other options as well. Insurance may be a problem as I am 24 and in Northern Ireland but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I'll let you know how it goes. I have the facility to go for something really special as well but I don't think there is anything available at the minute.
I have seen the one Martin is talking about, it is in exceptional condition.

Cheers
A Van Wrote:I have seen the one Martin is talking about, it is in exceptional condition.

Cheers

Sounds just like what i am looking for then, can't wait!
Go with AON for your insurance mate, I have been using them for the last 5 years.

Your best bet is to get your father to go as main driver, it does not matter where the car is kept aslong as your fathers name is the main driver.

I was 24 when I bought the car. Next year I will be able to go as the main driver. The policy is for unlimited mileage and garage kept, for the Delorean and my MG Midget I pay £115 a year, not bad me thinks!

I keep the car at my house and I dont think my father has ever even driven it!

I will give you the number for the broker I use in Belfast, he will sort you out.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
Pilot25dmc Wrote:Go with AON for your insurance mate, I have been using them for the last 5 years.

Your best bet is to get your father to go as main driver, it does not matter where the car is kept aslong as your fathers name is the main driver.

I was 24 when I bought the car. Next year I will be able to go as the main driver. The policy is for unlimited mileage and garage kept, for the Delorean and my MG Midget I pay £115 a year, not bad me thinks!

I keep the car at my house and I dont think my father has ever even driven it!

I will give you the number for the broker I use in Belfast, he will sort you out.

Mate you are a fountain of help and advice.

Thanks again
Alright so now I have also been tempted by a Delorean needing cosmetic restoration. It seems mechanically sound but I am waiting for more information on it. The only other issue is that it is in the USA but I think the price is very good. For the car I am pushing for $8000, for shipping $1300 and of course import fees of around £1300. My motivation with this car is that another Delorean will become roadworthy again. From the pictures I have it looks like the interior trim (seats etc) is one of the biggest issues. As well as preparing the car for MOT of course.

[Image: 919587441sb0.jpg]

[Image: 919587442pe0.jpg]

[Image: 919587443ti6.jpg]

[Image: 919587444yc7.jpg]
Whatever you end up doing mate, expect about 4 of us to be there the first weekend you have the car at your house!

That car looks like a perfect starter car, with your budget it could look amazing when your finished.

I FEEL A N.I TECH DAY COMING SOON!!!!
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
The price is making it pretty irresistible. Still going to London tomorrow though. Both may be called for but that may be greedy.
As you know I've no vested interest in what car you buy Smile However, I will give you the standard advice which I know has been echoed by other experts.

It doesn't matter how much money you sink into a "project" car, it'll never be as good as a well looked after original car.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk