Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital dash
Hi, does anyone know of any known issues with fitting one of these dashes to a Delorean,,apart from some of you think its a crime :lol:
[Image: 7d95_1.jpg]
DOC # 595
Yeah, doing that to a delorean is a crime.
VIN: 6511
Trust you :wink: I said "APART FROM THOSE WHO THINK ITS A CRIME", that wasnt very helpfull Dan Smile
DOC # 595
Sorry couldn't resist :lol:

You would need some kind of device on the wheel to give an electrical signal to the speedo....
VIN: 6511
yeah they have whats called a transducer. it normaly plugs ito where the speedo drive goes in the gear box, and converts it to a pulse, but I dont know if the ratio is anythig like a D's speedo drive speed,
[Image: 92db_1.jpg]

Anyway you havnt seen my next purchase if you think the speedo is a bad idea just you wait and see :wink:
DOC # 595
You better not have bought an early MG Maestro/Montego to nick all the digital dash components Allen!
No disrespect but if i had I doubt they would work Tongue
DOC # 595
yea i do the transducers that connect onto the delorean speedo for people fitting sat nav head units Big Grin
[Image: 6093896.jpg]

LOL :lol:

Ben
:lol: :lol: very good Ben, but 2 can play that game :lol:
[Image: 6093896.jpg]
DOC # 595
hahahahaaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: PMSL - Brilliant guys!!

I think Phill had a digital dash from a Mk2 Astra GTE - he wanted to adapt
it to go into the Sera, but it wouldnt work.

I quite like digital dashes myself, very 1980's Smile I loved the digi dashes on
the 3.0 Senator's - dead cool Smile

[Image: sennydash.jpg]

At least a digi dash would stop the comments of "oh, it only does 85mph"
when people look in the car :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Well thank you Claire, I m glad someone doesnt see it as a act of vandalism :? on the 85 mph issue I could make it so you flick a switch and it displays 88 contsantly,,, :lol:
DOC # 595
Dodgy Motor Wrote:Well thank you Claire, I m glad someone doesnt see it as a act of vandalism :?......

Go for it, sometimes it refreshing to turn up at a DeLorean meet and see something
a little out of the norm, having said that your D isn't that subtle anyway

I chucked a spoiler on the back of mine a few years back, people asked why i did
it, but it just makes it stand out in a DeLorean crowd.

oh and also it adds 1000000 BHP and shaves 5 seconds of the 0-60 time

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Only 5 seconds James??? in that case I wont bother with a spolier :wink:
DOC # 595
hi

sorry i'm old school

don't do it!

if you do, i would say not that difficult. the drive to it i would think can be calibrated.
its only a pulse feed, and there can be other ways of obtaining that using opto electrical or magnetic stuff.

the only change i would consider would be that prototype one that sits on PJgrady's wall.

Now that has history
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370