Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean for Sale
A Delorean for sale on PistonHeads for £7000 ! Looks like a scam.
Wonder if the owner of FJI 8869 knows his car is for sale?

Mary
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/349881.htm - link for anybody concerned. I see Chris Hawes's one is on there too! Big Grin
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
Im sure ive seen that one somewhere before. 7000 is too cheap so i guess it is abit suspicious
This car was on ebay about two weeks ago using these pictures, sold for about £17500. So as Mary and Mike suggest keep well away, as it looks like they have just stolen the pictures and details.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I enquired with the so called 'seller' earlier today as I had seen these photo's recently elsewhere...

The 'seller' responded with:-
Quote:Hello,

I am selling this car for £7,000.00 including delivery anywhere in UK.I set at a "very, very low" price to guarantee a sale. The only reason is that I need cash for a family emergency. I have to tell you that I'm currently out of town with some major problems so pick up/view isn't an option. If you want to buy this vehicle email me back with your full name and address to start the official procedure trough PistonHeads. They will send you a notification with ALL the info regarding delivery, purchase protection and refund policy so please provide your details before more questions. You will find 90% of answers in that notification from PistonHeads!

Thanks
I wrote to him with the following:-
Quote:No name, no answers to my questions and your family emergency is supposed to make me feel guilty for wanting to learn a bit about the car. You have listed a short paragraph about a 27 year old car. A buyer needs more information, maybe not to the extent of the other DeLorean advert but you aren’t even telling me the basics. I am not going to be rushed into buying a car and there is no way in hell I am buying a car without seeing it first. Your advert screams SCAM. If you are legit you are going about it ALL WRONG! I have reported you to PistonHeads as I don’t want you conning some genuine buyer out of their hard cash.

My name is Chris and you are busted mysterious one!
The big clue was:-
Quote:...will send you a notification with ALL the info regarding delivery, purchase protection and refund policy so please provide your details before more questions.
Pistonheads don't offer what he is promising, and this is purely to sway an unsuspecting buyer into submitting all of the information the seller wants.

The seller then responded only as a scammer would and that isn't something I will be repeating here. :roll:

Let's see how long Pistonhead's take to react...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
We had also e-mailed and had the identical reply as Chris and like Chris have reported this to Piston heads as a suspected scam.

Mary & Michael